Content Manager - Postgraduate Search
Marketing | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
About the role
We are looking for a skilled Content Manager to join the growing Brand and Content team within IDP Connect, part of IDP Education, the world leader in student recruitment. We use our global expertise, data-driven insights and trusted human connections to match universities, schools and colleges with the right students from around the world, with over 100 million annual site visits across our portfolio of websites.
Our vision is to make our sites THE go-to, trusted student destinations, empowering students to make the right university choice, and engaging and informing them throughout their journey. To do this, we need to produce the best, most engaging, relevant and informative content to inspire and support students, along with their parents and teachers, to make these life-changing decisions.
You will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content for Postgraduate Search’s (PGS) website, with the objective of driving growth in organic traffic to help increase revenue and achieve our company’s business goals.
- Work with the Content Director to implement the PGS content strategy and long-term marketing targets
- Lead on PGS day-to-day operations, working alongside the Content Director and other team members • Write, edit and publish engaging content for the website, email and other channels which appeals to the site’s target audience of prospective postgraduate students
- Commission and manage freelance writers when required including managing freelancer budget
- Ensure freelance writers adhere to brand guidelines to ensure brand consistency
- Edit, proofread and improve freelance writers’ work
- Work closely with the SEO team to ensure content is properly optimised across the site and adheres to SEO best practice
- Work closely with the Partnerships Manager to deliver external content partnerships
- Work with the Content Director and SEO team to analyse website traffic and user engagement metrics • Collaborate with the social and creative teams to plan and develop PGS site content including video, infographics, social content etc
- Work with the social team to manage content distribution to relevant social media platforms to increase web traffic
- Proven experience as a content manager for other mid-large websites, brands, or publishers
- Excellent writing/proofreading skills in English
- Ideally have worked within the higher education or student/youth marketing sectors
- Experience of commissioning and managing freelancers
- Hands-on experience with MS Office, SEMRush or equivalent, Google Analytics, Google’s G suite
- High level knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics and best practice
- Familiarity with social media platforms and content requirements
- Strong attention to detail
IDP Connect is a division of IDP Education, global leaders in student marketing and recruitment.
Working with institutions as true partners, IDP Connect understands and enhances our clients’ capabilities with the transformative power of data, insights and engaged student communities.
With an entrepreneurial mindset and focus on innovation, IDP Connect creates digital products in collaboration with students that connect them with the right institutions. It also offers a one-stop-shop of services for institutions – including in-country promotion, student placement, and onshore arrival services – enabling them to reach their global recruitment ambitions.
Currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and product development, IDP Connect is truly embedded in our key markets. We provide access to in-country knowledge and insight from 30+ international student recruitment markets, as well as an annual student audience of 98 million across our digital platforms. Our exclusive real-time data provides institutions with actionable insights to inform their marketing and recruitment strategies.
Together with its partners, IDP Connect plays a vital role in global higher education, building on the trust and connections it has with students throughout the world.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
For details on how we store your data please see our Recruitment privacy notice which can be found at: