Internal Application: Client Engagement Manager - Higher Education
North America | Toronto Division, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Location - Ontario ideally or Canada based remote
About the role
A rare and exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s leading education companies. This role will ideally suit someone with some experience working in international student recruitment or marketing in the Higher Education Sector or with a strong communications and project management expertise. As a key contact for our Canadian clients, you will quickly build trusted relationships with them as well as with the IDP student placement international network (the “Network”) of highly trained and experienced student counsellors who are located in offices in over 30 countries throughout the world.
IDP SUPPORT NETWORK
- Support client engagement activities in Canada on behalf of the Network e.g., promotion of events, strategies and opportunities, support for major familiarisation trips and counsellor training opportunities
- Promote Canada as a study destination into the Network, creating content and campaigns that highlight the advantages of studying in Canada.
- Ensure that the Network is fully briefed and continually updated on the USPs of studying in Canada and individual university and college partners.
- Investigate and resolve Network and client related issues to ensure satisfactory outcomes which positively impact network and client satisfaction
- Provide the Network with updates on actual or proposed key changes in Canadian international education policies and regulations to support the network as the key point of contact for ad-hoc counsellor queries
CLIENT AND COMMERCIAL SUPPORT
- Engage with clients, through the Client team and the Head of Marketing and Communications to understand client needs, then, implement agreed deliverable initiatives into the Network. In particular this will include facilitating delivery of client partnership plans for key clients.
- Develop and manage relationships with Destination Heads in the Network to drive the delivery of relevant client objectives, ensuring Network engagement & commitment to deliver.
- Brief developments in IDP Connect products and services into the Network, providing the knowledge and tools amplify and reinforce IDP Connect messaging in their communications with clients.
- To support the client team with winning new clients and improving existing contracts by presenting partnership plans to prospective clients, driving confidence as part of the later stages of the new client pitch. To support with driving client satisfaction by joining client review meetings and presenting on the delivery of specific partnership plans and sharing insight from the Network to the clients.
- Co-ordinate with the IDP network to extract key student placement source-market intelligence and to support client relationship managers.
- Co-ordinate and gather Client intelligence and updates and communicate with the Network and Client teams on a scheduled basis.
- To share best practice and develop standardised processes with colleagues in similar roles in the UK, US and Australia, establishing SLAs and KPIs.
- Either Higher Education international student placement experience or demonstrable expertise in internal communications, communication or marketing
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Advanced presentation skills, credible and professional in execution
- Flexibility to work as part of a team within a complex matrix organization, while being able to work without direct guidance
IDP Connect is a division of IDP Education, global leaders in student marketing and recruitment.
Working with institutions as true partners, IDP Connect understands and enhances our clients’ capabilities with the transformative power of data, insights and engaged student communities.
With an entrepreneurial mindset and focus on innovation, IDP Connect creates digital products in collaboration with students that connect them with the right institutions. It also offers a one-stop-shop of services for institutions – including in-country promotion, student placement, and onshore arrival services – enabling them to reach their global recruitment ambitions.
Currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and product development, IDP Connect is truly embedded in our key markets. We provide access to in-country knowledge and insight from 30+ international student recruitment markets, as well as an annual student audience of 98 million across our digital platforms. Our exclusive real-time data provides institutions with actionable insights to inform their marketing and recruitment strategies.
Together with its partners, IDP Connect plays a vital role in global higher education, building on the trust and connections it has with students throughout the world.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
For details on how we store your data please see our Recruitment privacy notice which can be found at: