Client Director - Higher Education
Sales Intl | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
About the role
The Client Director will lead a team of Client Managers and Senior Client Managers helping the team to build and deliver against core business objectives. Whilst Client Managers and Senior Client Managers will have responsibility for their own clients, the Client Director will support and coach, advising on the best approach. Client Directors will work with our top tier of clients driving revenue outcomes from digital marketing, student recruitment and intelligence services.
Liaising with the IDP network to deliver the very best results for clients, the Client Director takes an active role in leveraging the counsellor network for clients, leading to additional placements and client satisfaction. Equally, the Client Director takes an active role in the contract negotiations, proposing additional scalable clauses, leading to increased placement revenue on success.
- A deputy to the Head of Client Partnerships, International, to inform and support on the implementation of the client and commercial strategy.
- Direct management of one or two members of staff supporting their day-to-day work
- Negotiate large commercial contracts with Universities, building trusted partnerships across all IDP Connect products and services
- Use SMART sales analysis to manage individual pipeline and forecast
- Work closely with other IDP departments ensuring success for client partners
- Provide feedback and analysis, considering the client team’s approach and making recommendations to the group as needed
- Liaise with delivery teams to ensure client goals are met – Student Placement global network and IDP data and digital marketing teams (London)
- Exceptional understanding of education digital marketing and student recruitment
- Understanding of the importance of data and evidence of using data to inform strategic decisions.
- Detail-driven, allowing for the composition and communication of sophisticated business proposals & campaign reporting
- A strong influencer with experience of engaging stakeholders and assimilating technical, commercial and analytical information to form compelling solutions
- Proven ability to establish and grow and improve senior leadership client relationships
- Preferably have experience of leading a team and/or key projects, training and supporting others through ongoing development.
IDP Connect is a division of IDP Education, global leaders in student marketing and recruitment.
Working with institutions as true partners, IDP Connect understands and enhances our clients’ capabilities with the transformative power of data, insights and engaged student communities.
With an entrepreneurial mindset and focus on innovation, IDP Connect creates digital products in collaboration with students that connect them with the right institutions. It also offers a one-stop-shop of services for institutions – including in-country promotion, student placement, and onshore arrival services – enabling them to reach their global recruitment ambitions.
Currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and product development, IDP Connect is truly embedded in our key markets. We provide access to in-country knowledge and insight from 30+ international student recruitment markets, as well as an annual student audience of 98 million across our digital platforms. Our exclusive real-time data provides institutions with actionable insights to inform their marketing and recruitment strategies.
Together with its partners, IDP Connect plays a vital role in global higher education, building on the trust and connections it has with students throughout the world.
“We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships."
For details on how we store your data please see our Recruitment privacy notice which can be found at: