VP Product Management - Mobile
Product Management | New York, NY | Full Time
VP Product Management - Mobile
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
Apalon, IAC Applications’ mobile division, is one of the leading mobile development companies with a portfolio of popular apps that reaches more than 40 million monthly active users. Apalon's award-winning portfolio includes well-known titles such as Weather Live, Speak & Translate, and Coloring Book for Me. The Apalon team is passionate about creating beautiful and useful IOS and Android apps that bring great mobile experiences to millions of people around the world. Learn more at www.apalon.com
- Own the vision and strategy for the roadmap of the mobile product portfolio.
- Analyze market and competitive landscape to understand opportunity and potential value.
- Work closely with marketing, advertisement, analytics and engineering teams to understand business performance and key opportunities.
- Interface with Legal, Compliance, Risk, and ensure strategies and execution for the set of features under their control are delivered flawlessly and meet key compliance, risk, and control need to protect both our business and customer interests.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to align against priorities and obtain buy-in on product opportunities, business goals and initiative value.
- Lead the development of our product roadmap to ensure our product line achieves maximum potential through rapid iteration of product, platform and services.
- Manage communications with key stakeholders regarding product and business goals and measure progress against those goals.
- Responsible for managing the team to translate business needs and product goals into product initiatives and requirements through effective communication, leadership and coaching.
- Partner closely with engineering to translate business needs into efficient and sustainable technical solutions, driving the product roadmap and communicating back business opportunity and impact.
- Make feature, schedule and cost tradeoffs during product planning, feature implementation and live operation and communicate in real time to key stakeholders.
- Drive product adoption with business stakeholders including helping to develop best practice recommendations around implementation of platform features where appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Product management experience with a focus on mobile products and technologies
- Proven ability to manage a large team of product managers, 10 or more people.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross functional teams and drive to consensus with a preference to work collaboratively.
- Enjoys balancing a fast-paced environment with the planning and focus it takes to implement a reliable MVP. Good track record in scoping work appropriately for the opportunity.
- High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to launch new product features and enhancements for the business line.
- Comfortable with taking calculated risks.
- Ability to make decisions in ambiguity, and back them up with a data and/or a strong thought process.
- Ability to understand and communicate, at a high-level, technical concepts related to mobile apps architecture, data & reporting and user experience.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate to C-level execs.
- BA/BS required. MBA or MS desired.
- 10 years relevant product management work experience, with 7 or more years in a mobile product management role.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people; This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
We at IAC Applications, embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.