Temp, Senior Accountant
Finance/Accounting | Yonkers, NY | Temporary
As an IAC Company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies (Ask Applications, Apalon, Daily Burn Slimware), to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications across browser, mobile and desktop devices.
A BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Corporate Accountant will be a key member of the Accounting team and will be responsible for all areas relating to accounting and financial reporting. The Senior Corporate Accountant will work under tight deadlines and oversee a multitude of accounting activities, including journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, preparation of supporting schedules and assistance with the year-end audit. Please note: this is long term temporary position.
- Prepare, review and approve monthly journal entries and reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts
- Prepare, supervise and review the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements together with supporting schedules, monthly checklists and account analyses within a limited time frame.
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual close and audit process
- Interact with subsidiaries and other corporate departments to coordinate the timing and the contents of all deliverables.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of proper systems and controls (SOX, GAAP compliance)
- Liaise with foreign subsidiary and local accountants.
- Complete special projects as required.
- B.S. Accounting, 5+ years corporate accounting experience - combination of public and private experience desired.
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, v-looks-ups, etc…) and willing to dive into details
- Strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Broad understanding of financial/accounting principles and systems
- Team oriented, results focused individual with hands-on style committed to delivering a very high quality work product within prescribed deadlines
- ERP package, Oracle experience preferred but not mandatory
- HFM/Hyperion Financial Management preferred but not necessary
- Creativity and tenacity in analysis and problem solving. “Can-do” attitude; ability to work intensively with a full sense of ownership of the work product at all times.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize workload
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.