Sr. Director, Analysis
Business Intelligence | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
Sr. Director, Analysis
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
IAC Applications (IACA) is looking for a Sr. Director of our Business Intelligence and Analytics team in Yonkers, NY. The ideal candidate will be a strategic leader as well as a visionary thinker in business intelligence, advanced analytics, and marketing platforms. This position will be responsible for helping transform the company into a business that truly differentiates and competes on data and analytics across all spectrums of the browser, desktop and mobile platforms. He/she will work hand in hand with businesses within IAC Applications to gather requirement and prioritize goals for BI as well as data engineering teams.
This role reports directly into the Chief Analytics Officer.
- Continue to build/grow a data-driven strategy and culture that encompasses data acquisition, leading business intelligence and reporting tools, data science initiatives and advanced analytics.
- Leveraging your analytics expertise, data engineering knowledge along with market analysis tools to both create and collaborate on the roadmap for IAC Applications big data and analytics initiatives.
- Provide requirements for business intelligence systems to allow easy and seamless access to data across the organization with the ultimate goal of having it be a repeatable process and supporting systems that we can scale across the IACA organization or plug-in additional acquisitions. Breakdown high level goals into actionable strategies.
- A key measure of success will be liberating data for all- providing access and creating intelligent systems for the ease and convenience of retrieving information and data so all aspects of the organization, in each division, can succeed in their job functions. This includes creating a dashboard for individual businesses and stakeholders and senior management so they can see relevant metrics specific and important to their business with specific time intervals and easy to use charts and visualization tools.
- Support Marketing, Product and Analytics teams across each business set up tracking, reporting for new projects, products, tests and vendors in an organized and repeatable fashion through efficient processes. This includes, but is not limited to: setting up reports, alerts, partner reports and dashboards that allow for intuitive access to data and important statistics.
- Establishing analytics and decision support capability that enables the business and product teams to make data-driven decisions driving user base growth and monetization.
- Work as the intelligence arm for marketing and product to understand trends, alerts and gather actionable insight on changes across the business to provide executional focus for the various businesses across IACA.
- Interacting with senior leadership regarding strategy and management of marketing analytic capability and long-term company and business goals.
- Develop a strong team with redundancy, establishing process, methodology and solid confidence throughout IACA.
- Direct, hands-on experience with Microsoft data technologies, including SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, and PowerBI
- Minimum of 7 years of data analysis, data quality, and data integration.
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive expertise in visualization tools like Qlik, Tableau or equivalent.
- An degree in business, systems analysis, computer science, mathematics or engineering
- A minimum 7 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and advanced management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated
- Experience creating a data-driven culture and impactful data strategies
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong work ethic and a compulsion to make a difference
- Data driven thinker with excellent quantitative skills
- Experienced in working with large data sets including: statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation
- Led a multi-functional analytics team that leverages proprietary and third party data to better understand customers, and drive and deploy solutions to better monetize relationships and enhance overall customer experience
- An effective communicator; ability to communicate well with executive and senior leadership
- Effectively negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.