Sr. Business Intelligence and Data Analyst
Data/Analytics | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
Sr. Business Intelligence and Data Analyst
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
We are looking for a Sr. Business Intelligence and Data Analyst to join our Business Intelligence and Analysis team. This role reports directly into the Chief Analytics Officer.
This person will play a pivotal role as they create Lifetime value calculations, lead projects, generate requirements for new reports/reporting systems/deep-dives, maintain and manage existing reporting systems/reports and troubleshoot data and business intelligence problems as they arise. They will work cross-functionally with members of our Product, Marketing, Finance and Engineering teams. Candidates must be flexible, proactive self-starters who can work in an entrepreneurial environment. Our team has the benefits of a start-up (rapid growth opportunities) with the benefits of an established company (strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand.)
*This position is located at our Yonkers Headquarters
- Develop Life Time Value Models (LTV) and analyze the data
- A key measure of success will be liberating data for all- providing access and creating intelligent systems for the ease and convenience of retrieving information and data so all aspects of the organization, in each division, can succeed in their job functions. This includes creating a dashboard for individual businesses and stakeholders and senior management so they can see relevant metrics specific and important to their business with specific time intervals and easy to use charts and visualization tools.
- Support Marketing, Product and Analytics teams across each business set up tracking, reporting for new projects, products, tests and vendors in an organized and repeatable fashion through efficient processes. This includes, but is not limited to: setting up reports, alerts, partner reports and dashboards that allow for intuitive access to data and important statistics.
- Establishing analytics and decision support capability that enables the business and product teams to make data-driven decisions driving user base growth and monetization.
- Work as the intelligence arm for marketing and product to understand trends, alerts and gather actionable insight on changes across the business to provide executional focus for the various businesses across IACA.
- Interacting with senior leadership regarding strategy and management of marketing analytic capability and long-term company and business goals.
- Analysis of various special projects, the impact of releases (i.e. impact to data integrity) and handle audits of BI owned metrics and reports
- A degree in Systems analysis, computer science, mathematics or engineering
- Excellent data analysis skills (5+ years of BI/Analytics experience)
- Experience working with databases, manipulating, summarizing and analyzing data
- Advanced Excel skills
- At least one year of experience with Tableau. The more proficient, the better.
- Familiarity with Data Warehouse processes.
- Strong ability to prepare and present data in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner to Senior Management
- Highly organized and rigorous thinker, able to solve problems diligently and creatively
- Must be a detail oriented individual.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and coordinate among multiple departments
- Must absolutely be a quick learner, able to work independently, and multi-task.
- Able to adapt to constant requirement changes and produce fast solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
NICE TO HAVE
- Knowledge of SQL
- High-level proficiency with the Tableau Desktop application
- Advanced statistics
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.