Software Quality Assurance Intern (Summer 2018)
Quality Assurance | Yonkers, NY | Internship
Software Quality Assurance Intern
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
The IAC Applications summer internship program is a top-notch learning experience for students from all backgrounds to explore careers in our industry. You will have the chance to partner with stakeholders at all levels, and also work on a project during the course of your time here, which will finish in a final presentation at the end of the program. We want our interns to have the chance to own plans and outcomes, offer innovative ideas and think outside of the box and ultimately have a hand in making an impact to our business and products!
We are looking for a Software Quality Assurance Intern to join our Product Optimizations team. This person will be engaged in an extremely fast-paced and challenging environment to help us build the next generation of our core business, with products reaching 100+ million users. As a team member in our highly entrepreneurial environment you will be expected to move quickly and collaborative effectively. Our team has the benefits of a start-up (rapid growth opportunities) with the benefits of an established company (strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand.)
- Use the best practices when performing the manual QA of applications, including many types of testing, such as black box testing, regression testing, smoke tests, etc.
- QA tasks along with the other team members on a daily basis, creating bug tickets using Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence) and TestRails.
- Collaborate with developers identifying problems, reproducing issues, and sharing information saving screenshots, video captures, and steps to reproduce the problem.
- Be part of the usual SCRUM ceremonies on this highly Agile team
To be eligible for an IAC Apps internship, you must be registered as a student in good standing at an accredited college or university. The registration must apply for the full duration of the internship.
- Candidate must have completed at least two years at an accredited college
- Demonstrate good knowledge in Web Technologies
- Demonstrate ability to learn fast how to use new tools
- Work effectively with others
- Plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks within a defined time period
- Keen attention to detail
- Write and speak clearly and concisely
- Minimum GPA 3.0
This position is based at the IAC App's headquarters in Yonkers, NY - a 5-minute walk from the Metro North Yonkers station.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people; This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Tinder, Vimeo, Match.com, HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work