Software QA Engineer - Ask Applications
Software Engineering | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
The Ask Applications team creates customized browser applications for consumers. Our mission is simple - to make cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our consumer products such as Television Fanatic and Gaming Wonderland reach millions of users across the globe each day.
We are looking for a Software QA Engineer to join our platform team. This team is responsible to ensure the quality of IAC Applications products that greatly impact the user experience of our 100+ million users.
About Your Role
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will create test plans and advocate best practices in building high quality, new features with a team of product managers, designers and developers. You will be quick to identify high impact areas to focus testing efforts and build out test automation coverage; this will require you to advocate and evangelize QA best practices.
How You Will Help
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies to support new and existing products and businesses
- Design and develop structured test plans and test cases using best practices in an Agile environment
- Meet with stakeholders to define new applications and additional features
- Ensure products meet our usability and quality standards
- Drive projects through all stages, from idea to launch
- Actively share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years of professional Software Testing experience, and 1+ years of experience developing automated UI tests for Windows and Web applications
- The minimum requirement is a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Self-driven individual who has great sense of ownership, and can drive projects to completion with limited supervision
- A quick learner, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Someone with an intrinsic drive for excellence and continuous improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement and enthusiasm for technology
- Knowledgeable in all methods of product testing: Functional, Regression, Performance, Scalability, Security, Globalization, Stress, Usability, etc.
- Experience in writing test plans and test cases’ organization, with an eye for identifying QA gaps, and drive QA best practices
Things We Also Love
- Experience working with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari browsers
- Experience working with tools such as Ranorex, Selenium, C#, and Go
- Agile (Scrum) and Kanban experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Apache, Tomcat, JVMs, Linux, MySQL or related technology
- Experience working with Git, JIRA, Confluence, Maven, TeamCity or related tools
- Experience testing high traffic and high-performance web applications developed utilizing Java, Spring Boot, various databases, and related back end frameworks
- Or the desire to learn the above!
How about a great culture? (check mark!) And the fact that we provide unlimited amounts of free soda, snacks, and coffee to keep you going throughout the day? We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, 401K, transit check vouchers, and tuition reimbursement, among many, many other cool perks. Add to that continuous celebration of our successes, summer outings, bring your dog to work day, monthly onsite happy hour, ping pong, arcade games, holiday parties, dessert on your birthday, and you’ve got yourself a pretty great deal.
As an IAC company, IAC Applications is part of a family including many of the most successful media and Internet brands in the world, including Match.com, Tinder, HomeAdvisor / Angie’ s List, Vimeo, and About.com.
This position is based at the IAC Applications headquarters in Yonkers, NY - a 3-minute walk from the Metro North Yonkers station or the NYC office near Chelsea Piers.
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"