Software Engineering | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
The Ask Applications B2C team creates customized browser applications for consumers. Our mission is to make cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our consumer products such as Television Fanatic and Gaming Wonderland reach millions of users across the globe each day.
We are looking for a Front End Software Engineer to join our team. This team is key to our growth by expanding the breadth of our browser-based products, adding new features and optimizing our products which are used by millions of people. We know you will move quickly, collaborative effectively and solve challenging technical problems gracefully. You will work with a talented group of people including Product, Design, QA, and of course other amazing developers. We are a tech company, we understand tech, bring your tech and let’s do this!
*This role sits in our Yonkers Headquarters
How You Will Help
- Build some cool stuff, learn new things, have fun
- Leverage modern technologies to enhance products and businesses
- Quickly and efficiently design and develop high quality products in an Agile environment
- Help drive projects through all stages utilizing best practices, from idea to launch
- Engage with business, marketing and others to define new projects for the big three browsers
- Actively share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
What We Need
- A smart, creative person that takes pride in their work and is loves technology
- High ambition, low ego, detail oriented, organized and comfortable with ambiguity
- Solid foundation in computer science, from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns to object-oriented programming
- Excellent systems analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- An intrinsic drive for excellence and continuous improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement and enthusiasm for technology
- Bachelor's degree (CS or EE preferred) as well as interest in a fast paced, complex, multi-team environment
Things We Also Love
- Experience with front-end build systems (Node.js, Grunt, Gulp, etc.)
- React / Redux, Rx and other modern dev experience is a plus
- Experience with front-end build systems (Node.js, Webpack, Babel, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with automated testing (Mocha, Jasmine, etc.) is a plus
- Expertise with page performance best practices
- GitHub, Stack Overflow, OSS contributions are wonderful
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) experience is a plus
- Or a willingness to learn the above!
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.