Senior Software Engineer - Contractor
Software Engineering | Yonkers, NY | Contract
Senior Software Engineer – Contractor
Ask Applications B2C business creates customized browser applications for consumers. Our mission is to make cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our consumer products such as Television Fanatic and Gaming Wonderland reach millions of users across the globe each day.
We’re looking to migrate our current web portal, Excite.com to a new tech stack in the cloud (GCP). This project entails initial investigation on how the current application architecture is laid out and then formulating a plan to how to best migrate the existing site and data to a new tech stack. We’re looking to execute this migration via agile methodology and complete the migration by iterating and delivering in small increments. There will be both front end and back end tasks and the ideal consultant will have experience doing a similar migration in the past and/or be capable of executing such migration in an agile manner. This will be at minimum a 3-6 month project.
What We Need
- Bachelor's degree (CS or EE preferred) as well as interest in a fast paced, complex, multi-team environment
- Deep knowledge of ES6, CSS and Browser capabilities (you love MDN, CanIUse)
- Expertise with page performance best practices
- Strong foundation in computer science, from data structures and algorithms to design patterns to object-oriented programming
- Experience with front-end build systems (Node.js, WebPack, Babel, etc.)
- Experience leading projects from concept to deployment
- Excellent systems analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- An intrinsic drive for excellence and continuous improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement and enthusiasm for technology
- A smart, creative person that takes pride in their work and is loves technology
- High ambition, low ego, detail oriented, organized and comfortable with ambiguity
Things We Also Love
- Full stack, TypeScript, Rx and other modern dev experience is a plus
- Experience with automated testing (Mocha, Jasmine, etc.) is a plus
- Familiarity with products including Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Fiddler, etc.
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.), TDD, BDD experience is a plus
- This position is based at the IAC Applications Yonkers office – directly across the street from the Metro North train station!
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC Company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies (Ask Applications, Apalon, Slimware), to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications across browser, mobile and desktop devices.