Senior Software Engineer Contractor - (6 - 9 Months)
Software Engineering | New York, NY | Contract
Senior Software Engineer Contractor ( 6-9 Months)
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer Contractor to join our team for a project.This team is responsible for doing brilliant things with our platforms that will greatly impact our products which reach 100+ million users.
We know you will move quickly, collaborative effectively and solve challenging technical problems gracefully. If scalability, speed, reliability, architecture and design are interesting, you’ll be a great fit with the team. In this highly visible role, you will work with a talented group of people including Product, QA, and of course other amazing developers. We are a tech company, we understand tech, bring your tech and let’s do this!
How You Will Help
- Participate in a project to migrate our systems to HTTPS / TLS 1.2
- Review security best practices from a developer perspective with our Director of Security
- Drive projects through all stages utilizing best practices, from idea to launch, including architecture, design, backend server tech, and databases
- Produce pragmatic technical solutions capable of handling high volume
What We Need
- Fast learner that takes pride in their work and is very passionate about software technology
- 3-5 years’ experience building high performance applications using Java, Spring Security, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Tomcat, Nginx, Apache (as a proxy) and other back end frameworks and tools
- Expertise with all things OWASP, HTTPS, TLS 1.2
- Strong database experience
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns to object-oriented programming
- Excellent systems analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- An intrinsic drive for excellence and continuous improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement and enthusiasm for technology
- Bachelor's degree (CS or EE preferred) as well as interest in a fast paced, complex, multi-team environment
Things We Also Love
- React / Redux / and Rx experience is a plus
- Experience with SonarQube is a plus
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) experience is a plus
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.