Senior Software Engineer
Software Engineering | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
Senior Software Engineer
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team. This team is responsible for doing brilliant things with our platforms that will greatly impact our products which reach 100+ million users.
We know you will move quickly, collaborative effectively and solve challenging technical problems gracefully. If scalability, speed, reliability, architecture and design are interesting, you’ll be a great fit with the team. In this highly visible role, you will work with a talented group of people including Product, QA, other platform teams and of course other amazing developers. We are a tech company, we understand tech, bring your tech and let’s do this!
We have the benefits of a start-up (rapid growth opportunities) and an established company (strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand, and profits).
How You Will Help
- Leverage leading-edge technologies to support new and existing products and businesses
- Quickly and efficiently design and develop high quality products in an Agile environment
- Meet with stakeholders to define new products and additional features
- Drive projects through all stages utilizing best practices, from idea to launch, including architecture, design, backend server tech, and databases
- Produce pragmatic technical solutions capable of handling high volume
- Actively collaborate, and share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
- Build some cool stuff, learn new things, have fun
What We Need
- Fast learner that takes pride in their work and is very passionate about software technology
- 2-5 years’ experience building high performance applications using Java with Spring Boot and other back end frameworks
- Strong understanding of one or more JVM based languages
- Strong database experience and comfortable with *nix tools and scripting
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns to object-oriented programming
- Excellent systems analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- An intrinsic drive for excellence and continuous improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement and enthusiasm for technology
- Bachelor's degree (CS or EE preferred) as well as interest in a fast paced, complex, multi-team environment
Things We Also Love
- React / Redux / and Rx experience is a plus
- Familiarity with products including Apache, Tomcat, Redis, HazelCast, etc.
- GitHub, Stack Overflow, OSS contributions are wonderful
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) experience is a plus
- Willingness to learn the above!
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.