Senior Manager, Operations Engineering
Information Technology and Network Services | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
Senior Manager, Operations Engineering
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
IAC Applications is looking for a seasoned and professional leader to help manage, develop and lead our Shared Services Operations group. Part Network, Systems, and DevOps, this dynamic group is responsible for our hybrid Datacenter Operations, made up of on-premise and Cloud platforms, and shared systems and utilities. The Senior Manager of Operations Engineering position is an integral part of our overall DevOps team and will work in close partnership with our senior DevOps, Information Security, Corp IT and Business group leaders.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a passionate and motivated leader, a strategic thinker with meaningful experience managing Infrastructure groups in an Agile environment. You began your career as a hands on Unix and/or Network Engineer before getting into management. You have a strong understanding of Cloud, Virtualization, Compute, Storage and Networking technologies. You are able to have a meaningful discussion or debate about a wide variety of topics and technologies, including: AWS, GCP, Network Performance and Security, Routers/Switches/Firewalls, VMWare, Configuration Management, DNS, Server & Storage architecture.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Lead the teams that manage the shared infrastructure of our business units
- Mentor teams on being the ‘best in class partner’ as part of a shared services team that drives value to the business
- Handle vendor relationships for the technologies under the team’s control, including licensing, budgeting, and pricing negotiations
- Work with other team leaders to deliver scalable systems and network architectures that are quickly and easily deployed and monitored
- Set the tone for operational workflows that create efficiencies across the teams and the business
- Work closely with Infrastructure and Development leaders on various cloud migration efforts (AWS/GCP)
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 7+ years of relevant IT or industry experience preferably within the technology sector
- 3+ years experience in an infrastructure leadership role
- Proven experience managing large scale migrations from on-prem to Cloud
- Proven ability to manage and measure workloads and capacity to ensure successful project delivery
- Experience with industry-standard monitoring solutions like New Relic, Cacti, Catchpoint, Nagios, InfluxDB, Grafana, DataDog, etc
- Experience managing teams that own network technologies including application load balancers, routers, and switches, as well as network protocols and services
- Familiarity with Agile practices and methodologies
- Excellent planning, documentation, and communication skills
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people; This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
We at IAC Applications embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including HomeAdvisor, Vimeo, Match.com and DotDash. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.