Senior Manager, Corporate Development
Business Development/Strategic Management | New York, NY | Full Time
Senior Manager, Corporate Development
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
Apalon, IAC Applications’ mobile division, is one of the leading mobile development companies with a portfolio of popular apps that reaches more than 40 million monthly active users. Apalon's award-winning portfolio includes well-known titles such as Weather Live, Speak & Translate, and Coloring Book for Me. The Apalon team is passionate about creating beautiful and useful Android and IOS apps that bring great mobile experiences to millions of people around the world. Learn more at www.apalon.com.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager, Corporate Development to spearhead our app acquisition efforts. In June 2017 we acquired our first app and are actively looking to add to our portfolio - this is an exciting opportunity to help define the acquisition strategy and implement its execution for one of the fastest growing businesses within IAC. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, an ability to quickly analyze and evaluate new markets, and comfort with the execution portion of M&A transactions. The role reports into the Head of Corporate Development.
- Lead evaluation of acquisition targets (both inbound and outbound opportunities)
- Shepard transactions from start to finish – initial contact to business diligence to negotiation to structuring to execution
- Work hand-in-hand with senior executives to define areas and markets of interest
- Collaborate closely with product team to build and deliver on post-acquisition integration plan
Knowledge & Skills
- Fluency with financial modeling and valuation analysis
- Comfort coordinating and implementing due diligence
- Experience working on M&A deal execution – will be extensive interactions with tax, finance, legal, HR, etc. to ensure seamless execution
- Having taken a lead role on prior transactions is a plus
- Strong communication skills – will be interacting with and presenting to executive team (both IAC Apps and IAC) and numerous functions within the business (product, dev, marketing, etc.)
- Comfort with performing industry research to identify new opportunities for growth
- 3-5 years of in private equity, venture capital, corporate M&A, or investment banking - experience in the consumer internet or media space is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis and research in heavily-transactional situations
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities and intellectual curiosity
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to analyze/optimize results.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people; This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Tinder, Vimeo, Match.com, HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.
We at IAC Applications, embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.