Senior Java Software Engineer
Software Engineering | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
Senior Java Software Engineer
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join our core platform development team. This person will help develop our internal platform applications which are responsible for driving our core businesses. As a team member in our highly entrepreneurial environment you will be expected to move quickly, collaborative effectively and solve challenging technical problems gracefully. Also, we are rapidly moving the application development process to the Cloud which will provide a great opportunity to learn new skills or advance your experience using cloud technologies. If scalability, speed, reliability, architecture and design are interesting to you, we want you. Our team has the benefits of a start-up (rapid growth opportunities) with the benefits of an established company (strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand.)
Particular expertise required in Java, data warehouse solutions, and SQL Demonstrate experience in problem solving, debugging, resolving testing and production issues. Can effectively communicate with internal customers, management, and peers
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies to support new and existing products and businesses
- Quickly and efficiently design and develop high quality products in an agile environment
- Meet with stakeholders to define new products and additional features
- Drive projects through all stages of the development lifecycle
- Actively share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
- Fast learner that takes pride in their work and is very passionate about software technology
- 3+ years object-oriented development experience using Java in professional environment
- Java web application development utilizing Spring frameworks
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
- Excellent systems analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Provide support on audit activities.
- A commitment and drive for excellence and continual improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement and enthusiasm
- Bachelor's degree (CS, EE or Math preferred) or equivalent work experience as well as interest in a fast paced, complex, multi-team environment
NICE TO HAVE
- Agile (Scrum) experience is a plus
- Familiarity with open source project development including Apache, Tomcat and Spring, etc.
- Experience with MySQL or equivalent RDBMS database is a plus
- Familiar with Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- Working knowledge regarding developing micro services
- Familiarity with continuous integration (Jenkins).
- Experience with AWS
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.