Senior Java Software Engineer (B2C)
Software Engineering | Minsk, Belarus | Full Time
At IAC Applications, we dream, develop and deliver applications for online audiences across a diverse range of interests. We are the leader in downloadable applications and our products enhance web experiences in ways that are important to the millions of users who interact with us each day.
As an IAC company, IAC Applications is part of a family including many of the most successful media and Internet brands in the world, including Match.com, Tinder, CollegeHumor, Vimeo, Daily Burn, HomeAdvisor, About.com and many, many others!
How You Will Help
- Leverage leading-edge technologies to support new and existing products and businesses
- Quickly and efficiently design and develop high quality products in an Agile environment
- Meet with stakeholders to define new products and additional features
- Drive projects through all stages utilizing best practices, from idea to launch, including architecture, design, backend server tech, and databases
- Produce pragmatic technical solutions capable of handling high volume
- Actively collaborate, and share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
- Build some cool stuff, learn new things, have fun
What We Need
- Fast learner that takes pride in their work and is very passionate about software technology
- 2-5 years’ experience building high performance applications using Java with Spring Boot and other back end frameworks
- Strong understanding of one or more JVM based languages
- Strong database experience and comfortable with *nix tools and scripting
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns to object-oriented programming
- Excellent systems analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- An intrinsic drive for excellence and continuous improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement and enthusiasm for technology
- Bachelor's degree (CS or EE preferred) as well as interest in a fast paced, complex, multi-team environment
Things We Also Love
- Containers (Docker), Cloud (AWS), microservices
- Familiarity with products including Apache, Tomcat, Redis, HazelCast, etc.
- GitHub, Stack Overflow, OSS contributions are wonderful
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.), TDD, BDD experience is a plus
- Willingness to learn the above!