Senior Java Engineer
Desktop Services | Minsk, Belarus | Full Time
As an IAC company, IAC Applications is part of a family including many of the most successful media and Internet brands in the world, including Match.com, Tinder, CollegeHumor, Vimeo, Daily Burn, HomeAdvisor, Dash.com, and many, many others! As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
At IAC Applications, we dream, develop and deliver applications for online audiences across a diverse range of interests. We are the leader in downloadable applications and our products enhance web experiences in ways that are important to the millions of users who interact with us each day.
As an experienced Senior Java Engineer, you will be an integral part of taking our search user experience to the next level. The Search Technology team is dedicated to building solutions that enhance the search experience for our clients. Our goal is to offer a robust search experience based on insights and search patterns which enable precision responses to a searcher’s individual data information needs. We are looking for a driven, self-motivated individual to join our efforts of taking our search experience to a micro-services and single-page application architecture. If you’re looking for an opportunity to use your skills, learn, grow and be a part of the international team of engineers, look no more.
What We Offer
- Drive projects through all stages utilizing best practices, from idea to launch.
- Engage with business, marketing, and others to define new projects for the browsers
- Agile environment, where you can influence the process of how the team is going to work. There are professional Agile mentors in the company, they will be glad to help.
- Office near the city center, not far from “Instytut Kuĺtury” metro station, where you are able to rent a parking slot for your car. Parking slot rent will be partially refunded.
- Flexible office hours and great vacation policy, so that you can travel a lot.
- Free access to courses at learning platforms.
- The international team that respects diversity and inclusion.
- High ambition, detail oriented, organized and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience building high-performance applications using Java, Kotlin. With popular back-end stuff like Spring, Dropwizard, Hadoop.
- Experience building single-page applications utilizing React / Redux, ES6 and other front-end frameworks.
- Be ready to work with GCP and AWS.
- Understand the power of OOP and where you can use Clojure instead (yes, we have some Clojure for you).
- A solid foundation in computer science, from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns.
- An intrinsic drive for excellence and continuous improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement, and enthusiasm for technology.
- React / Redux, Rx and other modern dev experience.
- Experience with front-end build systems (Node.js, Webpack, Babel, etc.).
- Python is our third love after Java and Kotlin. Bash is the fourth.