Senior Financial Accountant
Finance/Accounting | Dublin, Ireland | Full Time
Senior Financial Accountant
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
- Full responsibility & ownership of month end process incl journals for Revenue, costs, Intercompany recharges, accruals, VAT, Transfer pricing, minority Interest, back office recharges and other ad hoc journals
- Responsible for preparation & delivery of explanations for variance analysis on the reported monthly & quarterly financial results
- Responsible for preparation, review / approval of supplier bank payments and ensuring the controls environment is upheld
- Monthly Intercompany Settlements ,coordination of all cash transactions & Treasury related matters
- Managing the month end close cycle to strict deadlines and maintaining a high level of integrity and accuracy in reported results
- Preparing and reviewing ad hoc statutory returns incl. bi monthly VAT return
- Responsibility for monthly & quarterly balance sheet reconciliation preparation / review
- Preparing monthly revenue invoices
- Responsible for the internal & external audit process and deliverables for the local Irish entity
- Coordinate all Tax returns & secretarial returns for all 2 group entities. Ensure Direct Tax compliance, including preparation / review of annual Corporate Tax returns, ensuring Tax payments are made and necessary returns are filed on time.
- Support management in completing special projects and other tasks as assigned
- Develop, maintain and ensure technical accounting policy, procedures and internal controls in accordance with Ireland, UK, & US GAAP
Knowledge & Expertise
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA qualified accountant – Minimum 3 Years PQE
- Significant prior experience in a multinational company is preferred
- Proficient in Irish GAAP with demonstrable experience preparing Statutory accounts and Corporation Tax returns
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel skills and direct experience with Oracle a distinct advantage
- Ability to effectively prioritise multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high quality work in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity.
- Ability to positively influence and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills.
Skills & Abilities
- 3-5 years of in private equity, venture capital, corporate M&A, or investment banking - experience in the consumer internet or media space is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling, analysis and research in heavily-transactional situations
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities and intellectual curiosity
- Experience working effectively as part of a small team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to analyze/optimize results.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people; This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Tinder, Vimeo, Match.com, HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment