Senior Director, Data Engineering
Data Engineering | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
Senior Director, Data Engineering
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Director of Data Engineering, reporting directly to the SVP of Data Strategy. This role is responsible for crafting our strategy, design, and development of data driven software that leverages big data and modern technologies such as cloud. You will also cultivate and motivate a high performing team of data engineers, advise the executive team on technology solutions that can maximize business value, and provide necessary leadership to build high performing teams and solutions. This leader will need to have strong collaboration skills and can manage an agile product / tech portfolio of solutions, promote cross-functional partnerships with both business and technology stakeholders and champion change while delivering measureable results.
Our goal is to liberate, mine, and augment our enormous amount of data into functional and actionable products and services that cut across many organizational divisions. Your experience in this area should complement the challenging business demands with constant iterative improvement, growing expertise and emerging technologies.
- Own and develop strategic plans that respond to evolving/iterative business requirements
- Find the right ways to bring the necessary skills in house through training, hiring, or vendor engagement
- Experience with third party technologies and platforms, from sourcing, negotiating, and retaining outside vendors to curate or acquire needed expertise
- Demonstrable experience in managing collocated teams, remote teams, and outside contractors or firms
- Curate a deep enough understanding of our business and products to help in ROI driven decision making
- Help develop and drive an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization
- Help develop and drive a technical roadmap which incorporates technology and systems that build towards the strategic direction of the organization
- Constantly challenge and improve existing application platforms and processes to accelerate software releases to the market
- Establishes the technical direction for the team, drive the necessary changes and make appropriate technology choices
- Identifies and manages “proof of concepts” for emerging technologies solutions to improve business KPI’s
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of experience and instruction
- Experience with big data, data warehousing, data feeds, reporting tools and micro services based applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated effective leadership with strong analysis, problem resolution, judgment and decision-making skills
- History of strong leadership and driving change with the ability to motivate and mentor others
- Experience setting direction for teams in large complex projects
- Broad exposure to variety of industry vendor software frameworks, tools, and technologies
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of the organization’s applications to meet business requirements
- Strong technical skills, especially with software and data design and architecture
- Grow the breadth and depth of the department’s expertise to meet short and long-term corporate objectives
- Help drive project management methodologies/tools and development of Agile capabilities
- Experience with Java, Python, Cloud technologies, and Data Science a plus
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people and you'll see why they commute up to Yonkers, NY! This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
We at IAC Applications, embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.