Senior Data Analyst
Data/Analytics | New York, NY | Full Time
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications (Ask Applications, Apalon, Slimware and Shared Services)) brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
The Sr. Data Analyst will be an expert in AskApps key search metrics and data warehouse. You will compile, analyze and publish key findings to the product and engineering teams to support decision making across the organization. You will join a fast growing analytics team that will be critical to the future growth of the division.
What You Will Do Here
- Support and collaborate with Product, Operations, Engineering, Finance, and Accounting for data analysis, data requests and trouble shooting
- Produce reports and analyze search data and user behavior data to provide actionable insights to help drive strategy
- Own the reporting and analysis of key metrics, to help develop optimizations, from ideation and opportunity analysis, to AB testing and release monitoring
- Innovate on processes and reporting, to improve monitoring performance and department efficiency
- Perform ad hoc business and financial analysis as needed
- Driven, accountable, a self-starter with innate curiosity, and a desire to solve problems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conceptualize, describe and analyze complex and abstract problems
- Very organized, ability to manage several parallel projects and prioritize
- Able to work effectively in a cross functional role; interact with all departments including Marketing, Product, Engineering and Finance.
- Strong math, data manipulation & analysis skills
- Very comfortable with Excel, Tableau; SQL skills a plus
- Understanding of statistics and testing methodology
- Experience mentoring younger analysts
- 2-4 years of work experience in an analytics related field
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field, or in Business Administration
- Passion for Tech industry, data analysis and product development process
We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications (Ask Applications, Apalon, Slimware and Shared Services) is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Vimeo, Match Group and DotDash. IAC is consistently ranked among Fortune magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.