Senior Corporate Counsel
Legal | New York, NY | Full Time
Senior Corporate Counsel
IAC Applications, an IAC Company (Nasdaq: IAC), brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
IAC Applications is currently looking for an internet and computer software law guru for our dynamic and fast-growing online and downloadable consumer desktop and mobile applications business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing legal and compliance advice with respect to downloadable applications, mobile apps, web-based properties (including distributed applications – desktop and mobile, social media, virtual worlds and content sites) and web search services.
- Being integrally involved in the businesses’ product development and ensuring compliance with Legal policies and procedures and substantive legal issues: data privacy, marketing/advertising law, open source, trademark and copyright. Familiarization with EU data privacy laws is a plus.
- Negotiating and drafting complex transactional agreements for application, game and content development and distribution; business development; inbound and outbound licenses; online marketing transactions.
- Drafting web and software documentation, including EULAs, Terms of Service and Privacy Policies.
- Advising and supporting Legal and Business Development teams on various matters, including legal guidelines for new web properties, downloadable applications and content production.
- Monitoring and advising on applicable regulations and legislation.
- Taking preemptive measures to avoid legal risks, conflicts and issues.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- At least 7 years’ legal work experience after law school graduation.
- Blend of relevant law firm and in-house experience; preferably transactional IP/IT focused and at least 2 years in-house.
- Excellent drafting skills: demonstrated experience with commercial transactions, specifically the drafting and negotiation of complex technology-related agreements.
- Background in Internet, online advertising, data privacy, copyright, trademark and marketing/advertising law.
- Experience overseeing and closing multiple projects and transactions.
- JD from an accredited law school; with strong academic performance.
- New York bar membership (or able to become a New York registered in house counsel).
- Adaptability and ability to work on a wide range of matters that arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills and command of the English language for internal and external communications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with rapidly changing deadlines and priorities.
- Commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Sense of humor.
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.