Search Product Intern - Summer 2018
Data/Analytics | Yonkers, NY | Internship
Search Product Management Intern - Summer 2018
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
The IAC Applications summer internship program is a top-notch learning experience for students from all backgrounds to explore careers in our industry. You will have the chance to partner with stakeholders at all levels, and also work on a project during the course of your time here, which will finish in a final presentation at the end of the program. We want our interns to have the chance to own plans and outcomes, offer innovative ideas and think outside of the box and ultimately have a hand in making an impact to our business and products!
You love looking for and analyzing data and market trends in order to provide informed recommendations for products. You’re a numbers junkie who can easily translate trends - in plain English - that help identify opportunities. You have a great sense of humor and are not easily deterred or discouraged.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams (technology, analytics, QA) to understand and create onboarding documentation for the Search Team. You’ll focus on work flows and page UI’s that span across both B2C and B2B business units.
- Perform competitive research and understand market dynamics to help come up with new ideas for UI and feature improvements on IAC Apps Search Product.
- Create a process and template that will be shared with the entire team on a recurring basis.
- Kick off and manage the creation of a SERP design style guide in partnership with design team.
- Final project will be a culmination of the documentation, proposed recommendations for new tests that Search Team will deploy to drive engagement and lifetime value for our users.
- You’ll be asked to kick off one UI or new feature test with team and drive that project to completion.
- An active student aspiring to complete a Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient MS Office – particularly Excel
- Ability to pay keen attention to small details
- Collaborative team-player with an eagerness to learn and work in a fast-paced, online tech environment
- Knowledge of issue tracking tools (Jira a plus)
- Knowledge of agile methodology
*This position will require travel to our IAC Apps headquarters, based in Yonkers, NY - a 5-minute walk from the Metro North station (30 minutes from Grand Central).
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people; This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Tinder, Vimeo, Match.com, HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work