Product Manager Intern - New Products (Summer 2018)
Product Management | Yonkers, NY | Internship
Product Manager Intern - New Products
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
The IAC Applications summer internship program is a top-notch learning experience for students from all backgrounds to explore careers in our industry. You will have the chance to partner with stakeholders at all levels, and also work on a project during the course of your time here, which will finish in a final presentation at the end of the program. We want our interns to have the chance to own plans and outcomes, offer innovative ideas and think outside of the box and ultimately have a hand in making an impact to our business and products!
The Product Manager Intern will report to the Sr. Director of the New Products team. This role will focus on supporting the day to day operations of the team whose key objective is launching new browser products. The summer intern will have one primary project that he/she will work on throughout the summer, as well as various other tasks to assist the team as needed.
- Work cross-functionally (across product, engineering, design, marketing, reporting, legal, etc.) to support the day-to-day operations of the product team.
- Generate ideas for products and features.
- Evolve product concepts into actual products
- Write product stories/requirements
- Create wireframes and mock-ups
- Research products, markets and competitors as needed
- QA products to screen for and report bugs.
- Collaborate with engineering team on product requirements
To be eligible for an IAC Apps internship, you must be registered as a student in good standing at an accredited college or university. The registration must apply for the full duration of the internship.
- Candidate must have completed at least two years at an accredited college
- Strong Google office suite skills with the ability to create and present research findings, methodologies and content
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of business concepts, realistic judgment, and critical thinking skills
- Work effectively with others
- Plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks within a defined time period
- Keen attention to detail
- Write and speak clearly, concisely and persuasively
- Technical aptitude
- Minimum GPA 3.0
*This position is based at our Yonkers headquarters – a 5 minute walk from the Metro North train station.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people; This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Tinder, Vimeo, Match.com, HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work