Principal Systems Engineer
Information Technology and Network Services | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
Principal Systems Engineer
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
As an IAC company, IAC Applications is part of a family including many of the most successful media and Internet brands in the world, including Match.com, Vimeo and about.com. Recently ranked fourth in Fortune magazine’s world's most admired companies list in the Internet Services & Retailing sector, we provide incredible career opportunities for our team in a supportive, collaborative and fun work environment.
IAC Applications is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer – someone with the intuition to see how all the parts should work together and the experience to make it happen. You will work closely with our DevOps and Infrastructure Operations teams to provide the tools and automation to support infrastructure in our private and public clouds.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a passionate and motivated team player who is able to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team setting. You enjoy a fun and busy work environment, will jump in to debug and fix things, and multitask/context-switch well. You have the ability to cope with fast-paced and constantly changing environments and are the ultimate jack of all trades, with a finger in everything from Systems to Storage to Cloud technologies.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Work with DevOps and other teams to realize new technologies that impact millions of users
- Design scalable architectures that are quickly and easily deployed and monitored
- Debug/reverse engineer complex existing processes in order to simplify or replace them
- Help set the tone for future systems and technologies across the entire company
- Contribute to improvements in our storage, virtualization and server infrastructure
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Excellent planning, documentation, and communication skills
- Strong hands-on Linux System Administration/Engineering skills (10+ years of Linux experience)
- Excellent understanding of networking concepts including load balancers, routers, and switches, as well as TCP/IP protocols and services (DNS,NTP,Sendmail etc)
- Excellent understanding of virtualization infrastructure (VMWare, XenServer etc)
- Excellent understanding of storage technologies (iSCSI, NFS, S3) and experience working with storage hardware (3par, NetApp, SolidFire, SwiftStack etc)
- Solid experience with automation techniques/technologies (Chef, Salt, Puppet, etc)
- Strong scripting/programming experience with one or more of following: Bash, Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Experience with public cloud technologies is desirable (AWS, GCE, etc)
- Experience with industry-standard monitoring solutions (AppDynamics, New Relic, Catchpoint, Nagios, Zenoss, Graphite, etc)
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.