PHP Software Engineer
Software Engineering | New York, NY | Full Time
PHP Software Engineer
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
Slimware Utilities is a leading desktop utilities software company that revolutionizes the way people clean, repair, update, and optimize their personal computers. Our innovative products have won many prestigious awards, including PCMag’s Product of the Year. They are trusted by millions of users in more than 200 countries worldwide.
Slimware Utilities has big aspirations and we’re looking for a brilliant PHP Software Engineer to match. Our engineers are responsible for developing the services that power our products, including APIs (private and public), databases, and websites (customer-facing and internal). As a team member in our highly entrepreneurial environment, you will be tasked with quickly iterating ideas into prototypes and then full-scale, production-quality systems running on our LEMP stack.
If scalability, speed, reliability, architecture and design are interesting to you, we want you. Our team has the benefits of a start-up (rapid growth opportunities) with the benefits of an established company (strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand.)
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO
- Quickly and efficiently develop high quality products in an agile environment
- Write well-abstracted, reusable, and efficient code, and correctly employ and enforce design patterns
- Meet with stakeholders to define new products and additional features
- Drive projects through all stages of the development lifecycle
- Actively share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
- Help us grow our platform with clever, long-lasting solutions that serve to grow our business.
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree with 5+ years of experience
- Guru-level knowledge of PHP
- Substantial experience working with RESTful web services and ORM concepts (Laravel/Eloquent experience a plus)
- Solid RDBMS understanding (MySQL strongly preferred)
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
- Excellent systems, analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.