People Operations Intern (Summer 2018)
Human Resources | Yonkers, NY | Internship
People Operations Intern
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
The IAC Applications summer internship program is a top-notch learning experience for students from all backgrounds to explore careers in our industry. You will have the chance to partner with stakeholders at all levels, and also work on a project during the course of your time here, which will finish in a final presentation at the end of the program. We want our interns to have the chance to own plans and outcomes, offer innovative ideas and think outside of the box and ultimately have a hand in making an impact to our business and products!
We are looking for a People Operations Intern to join our team this summer! This person will have the chance to rotate through three key areas of People Operations within a fast-paced, collaborative and engaging environment. This intern will learn about, and contribute meaningful work to the following; Learning & Development, Communications and Recruiting. He or she will also be a key player in helping out with this years’ intern program. If you have a true passion for People Operations and want an internship where you will truly contribute and add value, we want you!
Learning and Development:
- Mentoring Program – supporting creation of program outline, process, and workflow for how to match up people in the organizations to mentor each other
- Peer Insights – supporting the creation of online video platform and process for employees to learn from each other on specific work based skills or expertise
- Career Development workshop for interns – supporting creation of career development workshop for interns and even facilitating part of that workshop
- Drafting communications for events and other promotions
- Contributing to our employee newsletter and the Hub (company intranet) content
- Helping with event logistics (morale events as needed, Green Team event, volunteer events)
- Help with the Intern program logistics including the planning of this year’s intern event
- Assist in Diversity and Inclusion (D & I) events
- Shadow recruiting team and learn the basics of interviewing
- Candidate must have completed at least two years at an accredited college, extra plus if you have an HR or Communications major
- Fast learner and self-starter who takes initiative and pride in their work
- Passionate about all areas of People Operations
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative spirit
- Design or Photoshop experience a plus
- Excellent written communication skills
- Minimum GPA 3.0
*This position will require some travel to our IAC Applications headquarters, based in Yonkers, NY - a 5-minute walk from the Metro North station (30 minutes from Grand Central).
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people; This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Tinder, Vimeo, Match.com, HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work