Marketing Intern, CPC (Summer 2018)
Marketing | Yonkers, NY | Internship
Marketing Intern – CPC Team
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
The IAC Applications summer internship program is a top-notch learning experience for students from all backgrounds to explore careers in our industry. You will have the chance to partner with stakeholders at all levels, and also work on a project during the course of your time here, which will finish in a final presentation at the end of the program. We want our interns to have the chance to own plans and outcomes, offer innovative ideas and think outside of the box and ultimately have a hand in making an impact to our business and products!
The Marketing Intern will support our in-house CPC Marketing team in their efforts to optimize marketing campaigns across a variety of products. This will include, but not be limited to: competitive research, CPC campaign analysis, landing page and banner design, keyword and copy testing, and analyzing KPIs. This is a 10-week program designed to provide the intern with hands-on experience working with the CPC Marketing team.
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Learn the basic marketing principles that are specific to new customer acquisition
- Understand direct response best practices
- Master the fundamentals of CPC marketing (i.e. Google, Bing, Yahoo, Facebook)
- Competitive Research & Testing
- Develop an overview of competitors and their marketing strategies and tactics
- Suggest new marketing channels or tactics for existing products
- Review all creative and prepare a presentation on the trends, what is most effective, what competitors are doing, etc
- Monitor the digital competitor landscape of our products and prepare presentations on findings (i.e. what competitors are doing, text/display/landing page ad examples, product offering, etc.)
- Work with the CPC team to create test plans, execute and monitor results
- Campaign Analysis
- Pacing and forecasting
- Diagnose campaign delivery issues
- Candidate must have completed at least two years at an accredited college with a focus in Finance, Math, Marketing, Economics, Liberal Arts or a related discipline
- Must have strong Microsoft office suite skills with the ability to create and present research findings, methodologies and content
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of business concepts, realistic judgment, and quantitative and critical thinking skills
- Work effectively with others
- Plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks within a defined time period
- Write and speak clearly, concisely and persuasively
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- To be eligible for an IAC Applications internship, you must be registered as a student in good standing at an accredited college or university. Those applying must be available for the full duration of the internship.
*This position is based at our Yonkers headquarters - a 5 minute walk from the Metro-North train station.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people; This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Tinder, Vimeo, Match.com, HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.