Finance/Accounting | New York, NY | Full Time
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
IAC Applications is looking for a Manager of FP&A. As a member of the Finance team, you will be responsible for leading FP&A coverage of one or more of our operating businesses, including P&L management, data analytics, corporate strategy and product/opportunity modeling. You will work directly with senior leaders of both operating business(es) and Finance, be expected to perform and deliver sophisticated financial analyses and advanced modeling on a proactive basis that align data with recommended actionable insights.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reporting and forecasting.
- Partner with business leaders to develop/vet financial forecasts; monitor performance
- Identify actionable business insights and provide feedback to business owners and executives
- Have a deep understanding of companies’ operations, drivers, KPI’s, levers and business economics
- Work with BI, data scientists and the analytics team to assess the impact of internally-generated optimizations & product enhancements, as well as exogenous market impacts
- Model lifetime value and related metrics/consumer behaviors
- Deep engagement with internal data warehouse and proprietary analytics platforms
- Partner with the VP of FP&A and CFO on strategic initiatives within your operating business, as well as general financial management.
- Perform extensive financial analysis
- 3-5 years of experience in finance, preferably media- or technology-related
- Investment banking or other financial services experience desirable
- Prior experience in an operational finance role is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business is preferred
- MBA a plus
- Experience and ability to develop and maintain complex financial models
- Experience working and navigating through large amounts of data and information to generate key insights
- Possesses excellent analytical, financial modeling and presentation skills with the ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Critical thinking is a must; a strong problem solver who is not afraid to think creatively and “out of the box”
- Strong work ethic with the ability to think strategically and deal effectively with competing priorities and demands using good time management and communication skills.
- Must be comfortable communicating to executive management in a clear and effective manner
*This position sits primarily in New York, NY, but some travel to Yonkers, NY may be required.
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.