General Ledger Accountant
Finance/Accounting | Dublin, Ireland | Full Time
General Ledger Accountant
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
- The preparation of accurate company ledgers in US GAAP & Stat including month end close activities
- Completion of key tasks/processes to ensure accurate and timely reporting at month end e.g preparation of month end journals for various entities including Revenue, Cost of Sales, Intercompany, Accruals, loan interest, transfer pricing and ad hoc journals
- Preparation of monthly reporting pack for internal management review
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assisting with the processing of Supplier payments , and bank reconciliations
- Assisting with internal and external audit process and deliverables ensuring compliance with audit and statutory requirements
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting as needed
- Ad Hoc project participation
- Provide back up and support to team members as required
- Liaising with internal partners on a daily basis regarding various accounting transactions and resolving queries
Knowledge & Expertise
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA part QualIfied
- Significant experience in a multinational/multi currency environment
- Excellent team work and interpersonal skills
- Experience in use of Oracle would be desirable
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in the use of spreadsheet programs and other software applications for financial analysis
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to self-motivate, use of own initiative, confident in taking on new tasks and the ability to function independently.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet demanding deadlines while at the same time displaying attention to detail
- Good time management and multi tasking abilities
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of the box”
- Professionalism and solutions oriented
- High level of energy and the desire to work in a fast-changing working environment
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people; This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including Tinder, Vimeo, Match.com, HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.