Full Stack Software Engineering Intern - Ask Applications
2019 Summer Internships | Yonkers, NY | Internship
Ask Applications B2C business creates customized browser applications for consumers. Our mission is to make cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our consumer products such as Television Fanatic and Gaming Wonderland reach millions of users across the globe each day.
Our summer internship program offers students hands-on experience in an extremely fast-paced and challenging environment. The program provides an opportunity to work with talented individuals from various areas to partner with stakeholders at all levels. The intern will be guided by a mentor and will be able to showcase the work during a final presentation. We want interns to have the opportunity to own plans and outcomes, offer innovative ideas, think outside of the box and ultimately have a hand in making a business and product impact!
*This is a paid internship.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer Intern to join our Platform Services group to help us build the next generation of the core Platform ecosystem that powers the products that over 100+ million user engage with on a daily basis, around the world.
You will move quickly, collaborate effectively and solve challenging technical problems gracefully. You will work with a talented group of people including Product, Marketing, Design, QA, and of course other amazing developers in the group. We have the benefits of a startup (rapid growth opportunities) and an established company (strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand as an IAC company, and profits).
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies across the development stack (Node, Webpack, ES6, HTML5, Java, Groovy, Spring, Vaadin) to build web based applications on the cloud (GCP, AWS)
- Exposure and interest in building Browser Extensions using leading-edge tech and browser APIs
- Quickly and efficiently design and implement in an Agile environment
- Meet with stakeholders to define new/additional features
- Implement and support projects through all stages of the development lifecycle
- Actively share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
- Ensure software is high quality via design, code reviews and unit test cases, and participate in team QA
- Translate specifications, wire frames, and templates into executable elements that can be readily integrated into variety of build and deployment environments
- Candidate must have completed at least two years at an accredited college with a focus in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns as well as mastery of one or more computer programming languages
- Fast learner that takes pride in their work and is very interested and passionate about front end or web development with an obsessive attention to detail
- A commitment and drive for excellence and continual improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement and enthusiasm
- Excellent systems analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Minimum GPA 3.0
NICE TO HAVE
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people and you'll see why they commute up to Yonkers, NY! This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC Company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies (Ask Applications, Apalon, Slimware), to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications across browser, mobile and desktop devices.