Internal Application: Front End Software Engineer Intern - Ask Applications
2019 Summer Internships | Yonkers, NY | Internship
Front End Software Engineer Intern, Summer 2019Ask Applications B2C business creates customized browser applications for consumers. Our mission is to make cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our consumer products such as Television Fanatic and Gaming Wonderland reach millions of users across the globe each day.
The Ask Applications summer internship program is a top-notch learning experience for students from all backgrounds to explore careers in our industry. You will have the chance to partner with stakeholders at all levels, and also work on a project during the course of your time here, which will finish in a final presentation at the end of the program. We want our interns to have the chance to own plans and outcomes, offer innovative ideas and think outside of the box and ultimately have a hand in making an impact to our business and products!
*This is a paid internship.
We are looking for a Front End Software Engineer Intern to join one of our Browser Product teams. This person will be engaged in an extremely fast-paced and challenging environment to help us build the next generation of our core business, with products reaching 100+ million users.
We know you will move quickly, collaborate effectively and solve challenging technical problems gracefully. You will work with a talented group of people including Product, Design, QA, and of course other amazing developers. We are a tech company, we understand tech, bring your tech and let’s do this! We have the benefits of a start-up (rapid growth opportunities) and an established company (strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand as an IAC company, and profits).
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies (React, Express, Webpack, Node, Flux, Redux, ES6, HTML5) to build web based applications
- Quickly and efficiently design and implement in an Agile environment
- Meet with stakeholders to define new/additional features
- Implement and support projects through all stages of the development lifecycle
- Actively share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
- Ensure software is high quality via design, code reviews and unit test cases, and participate in team QA
- Translate specifications, wire frames, and templates into executable elements that can be readily integrated into variety of build and deployment environments
- Candidate must have completed at least two years at an accredited college with a focus in Computer Science or related Engineering
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns as well as mastery of one or more computer programming languages
- Fast learner that takes pride in their work and is very interested and passionate about front end or web development with an obsessive attention to detail
- A commitment and drive for excellence and continual improvement and a strong sense of adventure, excitement and enthusiasm
- Excellent systems analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Minimum GPA 3.0
NICE TO HAVE
This position is based at the IAC Apps headquarters in Yonkers, NY - a 5-minute walk from the Metro North station.
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people and you'll see why they commute up to Yonkers, NY! This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.