Director, Product - New Products
Product Management | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
Ask Applications B2C business creates customized browser applications for consumers. Our mission is to make cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks. Our consumer products such as Television Fanatic and Gaming Wonderland reach millions of users across the globe each day.
The mission for our B2C business is “to make cool software that makes life easier in just a few clicks.” As part of the New Products team, the Director, Product - New Products, is responsible for accomplishing this mission through ongoing improvements to our product portfolio.
Our applications are downloaded by millions of users a month, so this is a major responsibility. Your role is to make our existing products better for the user, and more profitable for the company. While managing a team of product managers to execute the bulk of the roadmap, you will also be responsible for strategic projects which improve our products across multiple KPIs: financial performance, technical performance, and user value. In partnership with the Technology team leads, you will balance the competing needs of product time, quality and resource availability. In a world where browsers and operating systems are constantly changing, you will be required to update and optimize your portfolio against the ever-shifting policies and technical frameworks of Windows, Mac OS, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
Who you are:
You have the ability to lead and inspire your product managers and extract the very best out of your team.
- You have robust project management skills, with the ability to coordinate resources to tight schedules.
- You prioritize projects to achieve revenue goals while balancing against necessary day-to-day tasks such as bug fixes, maintenance, and technical cleanup.
- You love data. You will need to be extremely comfortable with data to understand what our analytical resources are telling us and translate these into actionable next steps.
- You will need to marry good product intuition (“What will really delight our consumers? What will make this product awesome?”) with a rigorous attention to analytics (“What do the numbers show us to inform our product decisions?”).
- While you are not required to have coding skills, you are able to speak to a team of software developers in language they can understand and are ready to dive into the weeds to solve problems.
- You have strong communication skills, whether it is selling stakeholders on a product’s value, or writing a succinct product specification document.
- You are a true team player and are diplomatic, as you will be coordinating activity between multiple disciplines towards a single goal.
- You are an excellent problem-solver and are able to anticipate and mitigate barriers to success.
- You write detailed product requirements and will be able coordinate with our UX and Design teams throughout the process
- You are high energy and most importantly, have a good sense of humor.
Requirements / must haves
- 5+ years of experience in software product management & development
- Experience directly managing a team of product managers with ability to delegate directives, motivate and negotiate
- Experience developing consumer facing applications or web sites
- Passion for understanding the intersections between user experience, psychology, marketing, copywriting, design, and statistics
- Experience managing to a revenue target
- Strong analytical ability, Tableau experience a plus
- Hands-on experience designing and reading A/B and/or Multivariate tests
- Understanding of Direct Marketing funnels and Lifetime Value models
- A strategic mind with a hands-on can-do attitude
- Ability to manage both up and down
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Computer Science degree would be extremely helpful, MBA a plus
*Position is located in our Yonkers, NY headquarters (directly across from the Metro-North train station)
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.
As an IAC Company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies (Apalon, Ask Applications, Daily Burn, Slimware), to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications across browser, mobile and desktop devices.