Director, Engineering Operations
Information Technology and Network Services | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
Director, Engineering Operations
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
IAC Applications is looking for an experienced and professional leader to help manage, develop and lead our existing Operations group. Primarily the group is made up of 2 key functions, Systems Engineering and Network Engineering. The groups are responsible for our Global Datacenter Operations, running on-premise and Cloud platforms, systems, storage and all aspects of network administration and connectivity. The Director of Operations Engineering will be part of our Infrastructure leadership team and will work very closely with our established DevOps, Information Security, Corp IT and various Business groups.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a passionate and motivated leader, a strategic thinker with meaningful experience managing Infrastructure groups. You’ve begun your career as a hands on Unix and/or Network Engineer prior to getting into management. You have a solid understanding of Cloud, Virtualization, Compute, Storage and Networking technologies. You are able to have a meaningful discussion or debate about the following topics or technologies:, AWS, GCP, Azure, F5, BGP, Network Defense, Palo Alto, Cisco Routers/Switches, Juniper Routers/Firewalls, Network Performance, VMWare, Configuration Management, DNS, Server & Storage architecture, Datacenters.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Lead the teams that manage the infrastructure of our global datacenters and offices.
- Handle vendor relationships for the technologies under the team’s control, budgeting,, pricing negotiations, etc.,
- Be responsible for delivering scalable systems and network architectures that are quickly and easily deployed and monitored
- Set the tone for operational workflows that create efficiencies across the teams and the business
- Help craft and the drive the strategy for a hybrid hosting model which provides the business with a competitive advantage
- Lead Global data center migrations, both on-premise and into the Cloud (AWS/Google/Azure)
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 10+ years of relevant IT or industry experience preferably within the technology sector
- 5+ years experience in an infrastructure leadership role
- Proven ability to align stakeholder interests with the group's capacity to ensure successful project resource budgeting and delivery
- Proven track record with large scale migrations from on-prem to Cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience with industry-standard monitoring solutions (Like: New Relic, Cacti, Catchpoint, Nagios, Graphite, DataDog, etc)
- Strong knowledge of networking hardware and technologies including application load balancers, routers, and switches, as well as network protocols and services
- Familiarity with Agile practices and methodologies
*This position sits at our Yonkers, NY Headquarters - located directly across from the Metro North train station - Just a 30 minute train ride from NYC!
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people and you'll see why they commute up to Yonkers, NY! This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
We at IAC Applications, embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.