Data/Analytics | New York, NY | Full Time
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
The Data Analyst will be an expert in IAC Applications key search metrics and data warehouse. You will compile, analyze and publish key findings to the product and engineering teams to support decision making across the organization. You will join a fast-growing analytics team that will be critical to the future growth of the division.
What You Will Do Here
- Support and collaborate with Product, Operations, Engineering, Finance, and Accounting for data requests, and troubleshooting
- Produce reports and analyze search data and user behavior data to provide actionable insights to help drive strategy
- Own the reporting and analysis of key metrics, to help develop optimizations, from ideation and opportunity analysis, to AB testing and release monitoring
- Innovate on processes and reporting, to improve monitoring performance and department efficiency
- Perform ad hoc business analysis as needed
- Driven, accountable, a self-starter with innate curiosity, and a desire to solve problems
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conceptualize, describe and analyze complex and abstract problems
- Very organized, ability to manage several parallel projects and prioritize
- Able to work effectively in a cross functional role; interact with all departments including Marketing, Product, Engineering and Finance.
- Strong math, data manipulation & analysis skills
- Very comfortable with Excel
- Tableau, SQL skills a plus
- Understanding of statistics and testing methodology is a plus
- 1 – 2 years of work experience in the analytics field or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, or BBA
- Passion for Tech industry, data analysis and product development process
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
As an IAC company (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications is part of a family that includes many of the most successful media and internet brands in the world, including About.com, HomeAdvisor, Vimeo and The Daily Beast. IAC is consistently ranked in Fortune magazine’s list among the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector.