Cloud DevOps Engineer
Information Technology and Network Services | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
Cloud DevOps Engineer
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
IAC Applications is looking for a Cloud DevOps Engineer – someone with the intuition to see how all the parts should work together and the experience to make it happen. You will work closely with our Software Engineering and Infrastructure teams to provide the tools and automation to support dozens of products and applications in our private and public clouds.
WHO YOU ARE:
You are a passionate and motivated team player who is able to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team setting. You enjoy a fun and busy work environment, will jump in to debug and fix things, and multitask/context-switch well. You have the ability to cope with fast-paced and constantly changing environments and are the ultimate jack of all trades, with a finger in everything from Systems/Network Administration to Software Development to Build and Release Engineering to Performance Engineering
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Work with development teams to realize new technologies that impact millions of users
- Design scalable architectures that are quickly and easily deployed and monitored
- Debug/reverse engineer complex existing processes in order to simplify or replace them
- Help set the tone for future systems and technologies across the entire company
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Excellent planning, documentation, and communication skills
- Strong hands-on Linux System Administration/Engineering skills (5+ years of Linux experience)
- Solid experience with automation techniques/technologies (Chef, Salt, Puppet, etc)
- Strong scripting/programming experience with one or more of following: Bash, Perl, Ruby, or Python
- Understanding of software development processes, best practices, and CI/CD tools
- Strong experience with public cloud technologies (AWS, GCE, etc)
- Experience with industry-standard monitoring solutions (AppDynamics, New Relic, Catchpoint, Nagios, Zenoss, Graphite, etc)
- Familiarity with industry-standard software development support tools (Git, Maven, Nexus, etc)
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts including load balancers, routers, and switches, as well as TCP/IP protocols and services
- Familiarity with Agile practices and methodologies
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people and you'll see why they commute up to Yonkers, NY! This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.