Business Intelligence Analyst - Apalon
Business Intelligence | New York, NY | Full Time
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IACA Mobile brings together a unique collection of award-winning mobile technology companies to form one of the largest developers of mobile applications in the world. From language (iTranslate) to communications (RoboKiller) to fitness (Daily Burn) to utilities (NOAA Weather Radar), IACA Mobile’s companies count millions of subscribers and have hundreds of millions of downloads annually.
Apalon is a leading developer of Android and iOS mobile applications for businesses and consumers. With one of the most popular app portfolios in the world, Apalon’s products reach more than 20 million monthly active users and include well-known titles such as WeatherLive, NOAA Radar, My Alarm Clock, Emoji Keypad and many more. A unique blend of passion and skills are at the core of our company’s DNA, driving our team to produce top-rated, award-winning mobile experiences for millions of people around the world. In 2015, Apalon applications were downloaded from iTunes more than 100 million times.
Reporting to the Director of BI & Analytics, the Business Intelligence Analyst must have a strong understanding of mobile app implementation best practices across a variety of third party SDKs for both tracking, advertising, and attribution purposes. The candidate must demonstrate experience or capacity to deliver integrations in reporting across IAC Apps mobile companies. In order to succeed, you will need to collaborate and align with product and marketing stakeholders to translate end-customer into concrete analytics deliverables implemented into our applications. The Analytics Business Analyst should be proactively addressing, documenting, and aligning integrations hand in hand with developers to deliver business objectives across functional areas.
- Document, maintain, and extend existing mobile analytics and 3rd party tags/tools, including: Firebase, Adjust, Mixpanel, etc.
- Implement tagging for new site content and functionality while adhering to existing implementations and following vendor and industry best practices
- Must be able to identify gaps in the current data capture strategy and collaboratively apply enhancements; Work with internal teams to identify data enrichment opportunities
- Support Analytics, Data Engineering, and Data Science teams throughout each phase of the ETL and analysis process, including QA of new data implementation
- Write and manage user stories and acceptance criteria pertaining to analytics implementations
- Proactively engage with product to track user behavior using available data to recommend improvements on the website
- Keep up to date on 3rd party tool upgrades/changes in order to proactively ensure data continuity. Report any potential impacts to internal teams
- Be an expert at the data structure and metrics of the various data sources (be able to explain how/why they differ from one another)
- 3+ years experience implementing digital systems
- 2+ years experience administering Mobile Analytics Infrastructure (MixPanel, Firebase, Segment, Flurry, etc.)
- 2+ years working with 3rd party/vendor APIs & client SDKs
- 2+ years SQL experience
- Experience with ETL tools and their usage, with a variety of source system platforms
- 3+ years in a data analytics, reporting, data science or business intelligence role with an ability to blend and analyze multiple data sets
- Familiarity with A/B and MVT testing principles (Optimizely, LeanPlum, etc.)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Power BI, etc.)
- Passion for mobile applications with a solid understanding of interactive channels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including expert Excel and data display presentation
*We embrace our diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all.