BI Project Manager
Business Intelligence | Yonkers, NY | Full Time
BI Project Manager
As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
We are looking for a BI Project Manager to join our Business Intelligence and Analysis team. This role reports to the Chief Analytics Officer.
This person will be the key middleman between Data engineering, Analytics and Product/Marketing not only by moving our projects forward but also identifying their needs and coming up with a solution that will satisfy stakeholders’ needs. Understanding the use of data and the ability to perform analysis to troubleshoot data is critical. Candidates must be flexible, proactive self-starters who can work in an entrepreneurial environment. Our team has the benefits of a start-up (rapid growth opportunities) with the benefits of an established company (strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand.)
- Work with Business Analysts and Product Managers to gather business requirements and build/coordinate projects deliveries.
- Monitor day-to-day activities of the project and verify work is progressing as planned.
- Manage schedules and overall project status to ensure requirements and project deliverable dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
- Help translate the business requirements into clear data engineering requirements.
- Identify issues in reports and reporting systems and troubleshoot by coordinating with Data Engineering team and Analytics
- Look around the corner- foresee potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address.
- Communicate and document project status to business owners and team members on a regular basis.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Experience (3+ years) in Project Management ideally working with Data Engineering, Data Science, BI, and/or Analytics teams.
- Functional knowledge of Windows products and Microsoft development environments.
- Experience working with offshore development teams.
- Scrum certification or similar and proven expertise in coaching teams to move to agile practices
- Experience in leading projects with a heavy data component: data integration, reporting, data processing
- Highly organized and rigorous thinker, able to solve problems diligently and creatively
- Must be a detail oriented individual.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and coordinate among multiple departments
- Must absolutely be a quick learner, able to work independently, and multi-task.
- Able to adapt to constant requirement changes and produce fast solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with databases, manipulating, summarizing and analyzing data
- Knowledge of SQL
- PMP Certification.
- Work experience as a data engineer
"We're improving YOUR digital landscape, by intense collaboration"
Spend a few minutes with our amazing people and you'll see why they commute up to Yonkers, NY! This is IAC Applications: unscripted, unfiltered, in all of our quirkiness and Ping Pong-ing intensity. We love what we do, and how we do it. Check out what makes us unique and get a taste of what it's like to build a career here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8Cib1NPjrc
IAC Applications is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.