Taxation | New York, NY | Part Time
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 10 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principles of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Vimeo and Dotdash among many others, and also has majority ownership of both Match Group, which includes Tinder, Match, PlentyOfFish, and OkCupid, and ANGI Homeservices, which includes HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List and Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.
Reports to: Manager, Tax Compliance
Location: New York, NY (555 W. 18th Street)
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt (paid hourly)
Schedule: Part-time, flexible schedule within office hours (M-F 9am-6 pm)
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
We are looking for a high-performing student to support our tax compliance process for a 10 to 12-week internship, with the possibility to extend. The intern will primarily work on tax compliance for IAC and its domestic subsidiaries (income, franchise, etc.).
This position is ideal for a motivated, detailed-oriented finance/accounting student seeking hands-on career experience. Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with the ability to work at least 20 hours per week.
- Assist with tax return process, including US federal and state tax returns
- Assist with organizing and managing the tax compliance calendar
- Assist in organizing federal and state tax data request responses
- Processing of tax filings
- Responding to Federal and State tax notices
- Assist in any ad hoc projects
Skills & Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program, studying Accounting, Business, or Finance
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding organizational and follow-through skill
- Strict attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Solid communication and writing skills
- High energy and assertive nature