Systems Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Information Technology and Network Services | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 10 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Vimeo, Dotdash, and Care.com, among many others, and also has majority ownership of ANGI Homeservices, which includes HomeAdvisor, Angie’s List, and Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.
Systems Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure will be responsible in maintaining the Cloud environment in Azure, AWS, and O365. We're looking for someone who is proactive, curious, and enthusiastic in seeking out new technologies to automate and streamline our environment in the Cloud. This person should feel comfortable enforcing security policies within the organization.
- Manages maintains and administer cloud-hosted infrastructure and applications
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability. Monitor and test application performance for potential issues, identify possible solutions and work to implement those fixes
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend new systems, services, and solutions to further align with business requirements
- Works with other IT staff to help coordinate upgrades, implementations, and enhancements.
- Provide technical support including recommendations on new configurations and integration of new applications and systems into the existing environment
- Proactively analyze and patch security vulnerabilities
- Assist with writing implementation plans and documenting change management requests.
- Act as an escalation point for Tier 2 end-user incidents and problems
- Ability to enforce IT policy and procedures
SOFTWARE / HARDWARE:
- Candidate should have a vast knowledge of industry-standard software and hardware including:
- Experience using modules for: O365, Exchange, Active Directory, AzureAD to create, update and manage objects via PowerShell
- Other scripting experience is a plus
AD / Azure AD:
- Experience with hybrid environments - AD connect, syncing on-prem AD with AzureAD
- Experience working with MFA via conditional access policies
- SSO - Experience setting up / troubleshooting SAML in Azure, Google Auth and Okta
- Office 365 / Exchange - Ability to troubleshoot and handle level 3 tickets
- Collaboration tools – GSuite, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Slack
- Operating Systems - Windows Servers
Other – Nutanix, VMWare ESX, BigFix, AWS, Azure, Rubrik
- Powershell Scripting
- Associate's Degree in a computer-related field
- Significant hands-on experience with computers and customer support.
- Ability to be part of an on-call rotation (24x7x365)
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Systems Engineer, Technical Lead or related
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Windows server operating
- Experience with Cloud hosting, computing and storage solutions (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience with a patching application or Software distribution system.
- Capable of presenting complex technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to respond quickly, competently and patiently
- Research information, evaluate options and offer working solutions
- Certifications in Microsoft, VMware, AWS, or any related is a plus.