Sr. Manager or Director, Facilities
Facilities | New York, NY | Full Time
Title: Sr. Manager or Director, Facilities (Title will be commensurate on experience)
Supervisor: VP, Real Estate & Facilities
Exempt Status: Exempt
IAC seeks an experienced individual to direct office services and building management for our headquarters. Designed by renowned architect, Frank Gehry and completed in 2007, our world class headquarters is located in the vibrant Chelsea neighborhood of New York City. From our complex BMS and HVAC systems, to breakthrough technology (including, the world’s largest high resolution video wall in our sought-after ground floor event space), our ideal candidate is fastidious regarding all facets of building management. This individual insists on the absolute highest standard of service and takes pride in creating a remarkable experience. Non-negotiable characteristics are flawless aesthetic taste, uncompromising attention to detail, and possessing the very proactive nature. Ideal candidate will be a leader who will hit the ground running by bringing knowledge and ideas to the table.
- Responsible for maintenance and presentation of a pristine office environment with exceptional attention to detail that matches the very highest standards of a corporate office environment, including over 20 conference rooms and 10 well stocked pantries.
- Management of the Assistant Facilities Manager and facilities/mailroom staff.
- Manage and create annual budgets for building and office operations.
- Hire and motivate office service staff. Train them to perform their jobs superbly and create a working environment where they can flourish.
- Ability to instill a sense of pride in work well done.
- Maintain all 3rd party vendor relationships along with Property Manager, Director of Security and Assistant Facilities Manager, including janitorial, food service and parking valet.
- Responsible for aspects of corporate disaster recovery and business continuity planning and execution as it relates to NYC operations.
- Manage space planning of corporate offices, including working with corporate and business units to understand growth and attrition rates, manage restacks and evaluate of storage needs.
- Work closely with the Corporate Events department in the management of all in-house and third party events; including the scheduling, set-up and building support requirements for these events.
- Manage special projects as necessary for the VP, Real Estate & Facilities and senior corporate officers.
- Regularly report to senior executives with updates on all job responsibilities, including monthly budget narratives.
- Oversee future tenant improvement projects, design and construction work.
- Minimum 5 years management or supervisory experience.
- Minimum 5 years project, property, facility or hospitality management experience.
- College degree required.
- Experience managing a corporate charge and/or purchase card program.
- Experience with vendor management, furniture reconfigurations, and safety procedures.
- Experience in effectively recruiting and managing peer groups for projects.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Must have strong decision making and time management skills, meet aggressive deadlines and advance processes with very little supervision.
- Must possess a high level of discernment and discretion.
- Must have exceptional customer service and be able to develop these skills into existing staff.
- Ability to effectively and succinctly communicate complex processes and recommendations to senior executives.
- Ability to generate, produce and explain necessary reports and documents such as RFP’s and financial models.
- Demonstrate our culture of service excellence and must have a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in work.
- Outstanding organizational and follow-through skills. Meticulous attention to detail is a must.
- High level of Microsoft Office Suite proficiency.