Sr. Manager/Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Finance/Accounting | Boston, MA | Full Time
Owned and operated by IAC, HomeAdvisor is the leading home services marketplace in North America, and, through its HomeAdvisor International operating arm, the leading European home services marketplace. HomeAdvisor International operates in six countries through four leading brands: MyHammer in Germany, Austria, and the United Kingdom; Travaux.com in France; Werkspot in the Netherlands; and Instapro in Italy.
Position: Sr. Manager or Director-level, Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: Greater Boston
Exemption Status: Exempt
We are looking for a Sr. Manager or Director of Financial Planning & Analysis who will be an integral member of Home Advisor International’s finance team. The role will provide support across all areas of the Financial Planning & Analysis function with direct interaction with the Company’s international subsidiaries, located in Berlin, Amsterdam and Aix-en-Provence (France) to understand, accurately forecast, and communicate trends, operational issues and risks. Candidates must have a proven background of analytical excellence and strong work ethic as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment and work within a team. Strong preference will be given to candidates who are functional in French and German language skills.
- Managing the forecasting process across the business.
- Building new models from scratch with input from senior executives.
- Ongoing assessment, tracking and reporting of all the Company’s business unit performance with respect to financial, strategic and operational goals and initiatives with timely communication of opportunities and risks.
- Performance of frequent and complex ad hoc analytical assignments.
- Preparation of reports that highlight the operational results, forecast and business plans of HA International’s businesses.
- Support for senior management in development of various presentations to IAC leadership.
- Development of strong relationships across the organization.
- Identify and analyze operational problems and recommend effective solutions.
- Assist in other finance functions as needed.
- 3-10 years of professional experience in finance or financial planning.
- Functional French and/or German language capabilities.
- Willingness to travel to Europe for up to one week per month.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- Experience in financial forecasting, planning and analysis and operational budget management.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical acumen.
- The ability to build complex models that can easily be read by senior executives.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Superior ability to work independently and deal effectively with complex projects entailing frequent interaction with senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to perform effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- High personal and professional integrity.
- High level of academic achievement and demonstrated analytical and quantitative strength.