Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications
PR/Communications | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of widely known consumer brands, such as HomeAdvisor, Vimeo, About.com, Dictionary.com, The Daily Beast, Investopedia, and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Match, OkCupid and Tinder. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices worldwide. To view a full list of IAC companies, please visit www.iac.com.
Title: Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications
Location: New York, NY
Supervisor: SVP, Corporate Communications
Exemption Status: Exempt
This position plays a pivotal role shaping IAC’s communication strategy and as well as in assisting key IAC brands in extending their PR strategies. The Sr. Manager of Communications will help lead the NYC-based department’s day-to-day functions under the guidance of the Senior Vice President/Head of Comms, helping to manage staff, budget and vendor relationships.
The Sr. Manager will oversee at least one direct report, while also working with the SVP to devise short and long term strategies to drive IAC mindshare and elevate its brands within their respective marketplaces. The Sr. Manager also plays a key role supporting IAC executives, including the CEO and Chairman.
- This is a leadership role which requires experience managing direct reports and/or a small team
- Public company experience a plus
- Mix of agency and in-house experience preferred
- High visibility with key executives
- High visibility with the media
- With guidance from the SVP, design and execute proactive and reactive communications strategies to drive mindshare and thought leadership for IAC and its brands.
- Foster and build relationships with top tier reporters/influencers, conferences and outlets; this role demands active engagement with media and influencers.
- Help drive PR messaging and strategy for IAC news announcements and business events – including IAC’s quarterly earnings – and play a key role in execution.
- Partner with SVP of communications, head of HR/talent executives to craft messaging and angles to support ongoing culture initiatives.
- Work with SVP to develop key messages and strategy for proactive and reactive/risk mitigation scenarios.
- Support key executives –including IAC’s CEO and Chairman – with media interviews and speaking engagements.
- Mentor NYC-based staff members, oversee day-to-day operations in NYC office, with support from SVP.
- Partner across the company to build and strengthen internal communications to help drive employee engagement and culture and enhance the brand. Oversee internal announcements and new initiatives.
- Manage departmental budget and vendor relationships.
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, English or a related field.
- At least 6 years PR experience with proven success in a managerial role.
- Mix of both in-house and agency experience preferred.
- Public company experience preferred.
- Familiarity with the digital/Internet sector a plus.
- Proven media relations track record and a hunger/desire to engage with the press and build out your network.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills, a passion for writing is a must!
- High comfort level with interacting with top tier executives.
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment, able to move seamlessly between strategic planning and tactical execution.
- Ability to lead teams and mentor junior staff.