Sr. Information Security Analyst
Information Technology and Network Services | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of some of the world's most recognized brands and products, such as HomeAdvisor, Vimeo, About.com, Dictionary.com, The Daily Beast, Investopedia, and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Match, OkCupid, Tinder and PlentyOfFish. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices worldwide.
Title: Sr. Information Security Analyst
Supervisor: Director, Information Security
Location: New York, NY
Exemption Status: Exempt
IAC is seeking an experienced Sr. Information Security Analyst to further the development of IAC’s Enterprise Security Operations Center. The Analyst will interact with security tools, including a SIEM platform, to develop security incident detection capabilities for IAC & its subsidiary businesses. The Analyst will work with technical contacts at each business to investigate potential security incidents, support & maintain log sources, and develop new rules & alerts.
The Analyst will provide hands-on expertise in responding to security incidents, implementing tools, monitoring threats, etc. and will be expected to demonstrate strong communication skills, excellent organizational & project management skills, and have a deep & broad understanding of IT in general and IT Security in particular.
- Act as Security Operations Center (SOC) analyst, identify potential threats, perform investigations, & escalate as necessary
- Contribute to the ongoing design, configuration, integration, & enhancement of SIEM tools
- Contribute to the development of policies & documentation to support ongoing SOC activities (run books, procedure documentation, etc)
- Develop & present regular updates for technical audiences on cyber threats and activity
- Develops threat trend analysis reports and metrics
- Monitor threat landscape for emerging threats; communicate threat information to businesses
- Participate in security incident response efforts including off-hours/on-call support
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience required
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Hands-on technical experience with SIEM tool(s) is required
- Deep technical experience with ELK is strongly preferred
- Has thorough knowledge of all aspects of incident response including identification, mitigation, detection, containment, resolution, and restoration to minimize loss and destruction to information technology systems assets and data.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills – ability to summarize & present technical information to technical audiences
- Ability to work and manage time independently and creatively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; and ability to follow instructions and guidance
- Ability to anticipate problems, resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
- CISSP, ECIH, GCIH or other relevant security certifications are preferred