Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
Human Resources | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC is a leading internet company with more than 50 fast-growing, highly-related brands serving loyal consumer audiences... our mission is to harness the power of interactivity to make daily life easier and more productive for people all over the world. For the last four years, IAC has been ranked by Fortune magazine's annual standing of the world's most admired companies in the Internet Services & Retailing sector. With more than 196.7 million unique visitors across more than 30 countries, IAC's network of sites would rank as the 8th largest in the world. To view a full list of the companies of IAC please visit our website at http://iac.com. IAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position: Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
Location: New York, NY
Reports to: VP, Talent Acquisition
We are looking for an outgoing, resourceful and out-of-the-box thinker for the Talent Acquisition team that is responsible for the placement of senior executives across the many businesses of IAC. Our ideal candidate has a team player attitude, is endlessly curious and has a drive for excellence. We seek candidates who get excited about new challenges and are able to work independently in a fast paced environment while juggling various projects.
· Work directly with the VP Talent Acquisition and Senior Associate, Recruitment & Research to complete high-profile executive search assignments within IAC’s businesses.
· Be an active participant in the entire search process from kick-off to successful search completion. Contribute to and run early stage strategy meetings, mid-search check-ins and provide possible solutions when search course-correction is necessary.
· Manage internal client interaction independently as necessary.
· Create any necessary position descriptions based on existing descriptions or from scratch with input from our internal clients.
· Work both independently and with the team to develop candidate research from internal networks, social media techniques, trade/business publications and other forms of outside research.
· Continuously research and analyze industries, companies and market trends to identify new prospective candidates more efficiently.
· Proactively make outgoing calls to identify and qualify candidates through thorough phone conversations and treating each potential contact as a candidate and/or source for current or future needs.
· Interview screened candidates in person or, when necessary, via video teleconference, with the end goal of obtaining a strong shortlist of high quality candidates for each assignment.
· Provide written updates and write thorough candidate assessments highlighting the candidates’ experience, qualifications, potential shortcomings, relevance to position, etc.
· Keep regular communication with candidates throughout the search process and notify candidates who are being released from a search.
· In conjunction with internal client and VP, provide insight and/or guidance on compensation offers and extend directly to final candidates when appropriate.
· Partner closely with IAC Corporate Recruiting team on supporting additional ad hoc recruiting when necessary.
· Contribute to and/or lead other strategic talent acquisition initiatives as required.
· Bachelor's degree necessary with five years professional experience preferably in a retained staffing agency or search firm. Previous experience working with databases, Applicant Tracking Systems or research experience. MBA preferred.
· Web savvy with an excellent ability to sort through, make sense of and gather information. Well-read with the ability to converse about a variety of topics – business related and otherwise.
· Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of tasks on short notice within demanding deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility under pressure and have a demonstrated ability to produce consistent results. Project management capability/experience ideal.
· Strong ability to summarize, compile and analyze information in order to synthesize research and search objectives and deliverables.
· Ability to effectively communicate the value proposition of various opportunities to prospective candidates to engage them on a search as well as the wherewithal to move beyond candidates who may not fit the needs of the internal client.
· Must be comfortable interacting with senior executives on a regular basis.
· Possess a developed solid business judgment and be able to articulate basic business principles.
· Demonstrate a sense of urgency and initiative ensuring team objectives are met while being flexible and willing to appropriately prioritize work to meet deadlines.
· Proactively contribute time and resources when able to offer support to larger Recruiting team.
· Must possess strong organizational skills, be a self-starter and anticipate needs readily.
· Superior written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent relationship building and the desire to provide exceptional service and support.