Senior Manager, Accounting Policies and Special Projects
Finance/Accounting | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of widely known consumer brands such as Vimeo, Dictionary.com, Dotdash, The Daily Beast and Investopedia, along with ANGI Homeservices Inc. which operates HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List, and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Match, Tinder, PlentyOfFish and OkCupid. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices worldwide.
Title: Senior Manager, Accounting Policies and Special Projects
Reports to: Director, Financial Analysis & Reporting
Location: New York, NY
FLSA Status: Exempt
This is a newly created position within IAC’s Controllership based in New York City. This position will assist with the development of accounting policies for new GAAP, such as ASC 606 and ASC 842, and the creation and maintenance of an enterprise-wide accounting policies manual.
The position reports to the Director, Financial Analysis & Reporting and frequently interacts with the various accounting organizations across IAC’s businesses, including its two public subsidiaries, Match Group, Inc. (MTCH) and ANGI Homeservices Inc. (ANGI), and other functional areas including SEC Reporting, Internal and External Auditors, FP&A, M&A, Tax, Treasury and Legal.
The successful candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with excellent written and verbal communication skills and must have experience with researching, evaluating and implementing new accounting and disclosure requirements, such as ASC 606 and ASC 842. The successful candidate must view accounting policy and technical research as an enjoyable activity and excel at it.
- Develop, document and maintain accounting and operational policies.
- Assist with implementation of these policies on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Assess enterprise-wide compliance with these policies in connection with Internal Audit testing.
- Serve as an internal technical accounting resource for the operating businesses to support key new or non-standard transactions and initiatives.
- Research, evaluate and implement new technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
- Present guidance and recommendations to management on the impact of new or proposed requirements.
- Develop, challenge and implement new corporate accounting policies and procedures including the assessment of existing Corporate level SOX process narratives for adequacy and consistency.
- Assist with due diligence of potential acquisitions.
- Assist with post-acquisition integration including compliance with enterprise-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Participate in reviewing relevant portions of periodic filings with the SEC.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- 6+ years of Big 4 Public Accounting or a combination of Big 4 and progressive Technical Accounting experience in a public company
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Strong technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS a plus
- Proficient in MS Office
- Must be results driven with the ability to think, and work, independently resolving challenging issues
- Must work well in a team setting and be able to foster enterprise-wide cooperation in adoption and compliance efforts
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with a robust work ethic and a positive attitude
- Must be articulate and confident in the communication of ideas, issues, and resolutions to a broad audience (e.g. executive management, staff, internal and external auditors, etc.)
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters