Senior Financial Reporting Manager
Finance/Accounting | New York, NY | Full Time
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of widely known consumer brands such as Vimeo, Dictionary.com, Dotdash, The Daily Beast and Investopedia, along with ANGI Homeservices Inc. which operates HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List, and Match Group's online dating portfolio, which includes Match, Tinder, PlentyOfFish and OkCupid. The company is headquartered in New York City and has offices worldwide.
Title: Senior Financial Reporting Manager
Supervisor: Director, Financial Reporting
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: New York, NY
The Senior Financial Reporting Manager will report to the Director, Financial Reporting and will be responsible for the preparation of the financial sections of IAC/InterActiveCorp’s and ANGI Homeservices Inc.’s Securities and Exchange Commission reports, including quarterly and annual reports on Form 10-Q and Form 10-K as well as quarterly earnings releases including supplemental financial information. This position partners with IAC’s global consolidation and corporate accounting teams and the accounting organizations of the various operating businesses to support IAC’s and ANGI’s external reporting processes ensuring the integrity of the financial statements, applicable financial statement analysis and other supporting documentation.
- Working with the SEC Reporting team, prepare the consolidated financial statements, including the balance sheet and statements of operations, comprehensive operations, shareholders’ equity and cash flows; notes to the consolidated financial statements; and all financial sections of SEC filings, including Management’s Discussion and Analysis.
- Responsible for the collection, consolidation, and analysis of financial information underlying the financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and supporting schedules.
- Coordinate the preparation of the non-financial sections of Form 10-Q and Form 10-K with the appropriate departments including Investor Relations, FP&A, and Legal.
- Prepare the financial sections of the quarterly earnings release and supplemental financial information required by Investor Relations and internal management.
- Prepare and maintain the financial reporting timeline including assigning roles and responsibilities to team members.
- Review and analyze financial reporting packages submitted by corporate accounting and the operating businesses ensuring formal processes for submitting the packages are maintained.
- Ensure SOX compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, updating documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate.
- Support the Director, Financial Analysis & Reporting in researching, evaluating and implementing new and proposed accounting and reporting standards.
- Assist the Director, Financial Analysis & Reporting in maintaining and reconciling purchase accounting adjustments.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as part of the financial reporting process, responding to interim review and year-end audit requests.
- Assist with the accounting and reporting requirements for equity awards, including calculation of stock-based compensation, earnings per share calculations and reconciliation of stock to the records of the transfer agent.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement focusing on streamlining, improving and automating processes.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- 3-4 years of Big 4 Public Accounting experience plus 5-6 years of experience in private accounting with SEC financial reporting experience. Overall, this candidate should have a minimum of 8 years of combined experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Must be current on quarterly and annual U.S. GAAP and SEC financial reporting requirements
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience with Workiva (Wdesk) and XBRL preferred
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) software a plus
- Self-starter capable of working independently as well as working effectively as part of a team
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- Highly organized with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment managing multiple projects in a timely manner
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to different levels of the organization