Senior Director, Analytics
Data/Analytics | New York, NY | Full Time
The head of analytics will play a critical role in driving growth for the organization and its product offerings. This role will lead analytics modeling projects and insights initiatives, engage with key executives and peers to prioritize and execute work, provide guidance and mentorship to the analytics/data sciences team and enhance the overall consumption and reliance on analytics at the organization. Responsible for overseeing all analytics work and accountable for delivering high quality, timely insights and innovative recommendations that support the site/product/ sales/marketing programs and overall strategic direction of the business.
- Creating and delivering a best in class analytical platform including data management, reporting, visualization and predictive modeling while embracing innovative and agile delivery methods with a focus on driving rapid business results.
- Analyze relationships between large, complex, multi dimensional data sets developing key performance indicators informing and empowering decision makers with actionable insights that guide strategic business decisions
- Manage and lead a high performance team to deliver analytics technology services to the organization.
- Demonstrating flawless execution of all projects and activities required to drive success for the business (on time, budget, scope)
- Identify, prioritize and execute on analytic work that delivers insights into the site, product, marketing/sales channels, including SEO, SEM, display, email,etc.
- Develop and build predictive and behavioral analyses and models that are utilized by the product teams to enhance targeting, increase revenue , generate cost savings and allocate resources more efficiently
- Continuously identify new opportunities to leverage analytics to improve ongoing product/marketing initiatives driving new revenue channels and cost efficiencies.
- Advanced degree in mathematics, computer science, statistics or related quantitative discipline
- 7-10 years of demonstrated experience and success in data science with strong experience in big data warehouse design and implementation, data mining, predictive analytics and architecting efficient software designs.
- Minimum of 5 years managing a diverse team of highly skilled and technically advanced technology/ analytical professionals.
- High degree of strategic and analytical thinking, with demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities, form strategies and measure results against established objectives
- Ability to interact with and influence senior business leaders
- Experience collaborating with various business partners across the organization to drive change and improve business results
- Ability to successfully launch and deliver multiple concurrent projects on time and within budget
- Solid understanding of data management and manipulation, information retrieval and data analytics