Security | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
This position (under the direction of the Security and Emergency Manager) will have responsibility for implementation of IAC's Security and Emergency action policies, procedures and directives at our two West Hollywood offices. The Security Supervisor will ensure that security staff is trained and adheres to the policies and procedures outlined in the Protection Manual as well as the job responsibilities detailed below.
- Responsible for supervising, motivating, coaching and training security officers to effectively handle all day-to-day operations, including emergency response.
- Responds to incidents, ensuring appropriate action is taken by staff, appropriate parties were notified, and all reports are completed.
- Assist with the employee on-boarding process including new hire interviewing, selection of candidates, training, and new hire licensure paperwork.
- Training of subordinate employees on software systems, procedural guidelines, company policies, and enforcement of consistent policy practice.
- Responsible for evaluating work performance of security officers and making recommendations for shift assignments and further training.
- Assist with maintaining and updating operational policy and procedure manual, training guides, and emergency action plan documents.
- Coordinate with Security and Emergency Manager to establish goals, objectives, and then ensure these are properly communicated to staff.
- Provide daily security briefings to department head, as well, as take part in weekly operational meetings.
- Comply with all procedures, rules and regulations set forth by Department head.
- Make recommendations for disciplinary action, from counseling to termination.
- May occasionally perform security officer job duties on an as-needed basis including guest registry, report writing, building access and video surveillance.
- Help coordinate operational functions including payroll and billing, staffing, scheduling and personnel issues.
- Occasionally assume overall Security and Emergency manager responsibility in his/her absence.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Associates Degree and three (3) or more years of related experience and supervision in the security industry.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to qualify and be issued a security officer licensure in all areas.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, experience with an online payroll system.
- Helps develop and provide security education and awareness, conducts security briefings, audits and self-inspections.
- Helps develop and revise security and emergency plans, procedures and instruction.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL FUNCTIONS
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones.
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet).
- Climb stairs and ramps, occasionally during shift.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds.
- Run as needed.
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be willing to follow chain of command and established security procedures.
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports on the computer.
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Apply online. No phone calls or walk-ins, please.
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of some of the world’s most recognized digital brands and products, such as HomeAdvisor, Vimeo, About.com, Dictionary.com, The Daily Beast, Investopedia, and Match Group’s online dating portfolio, which includes Match, OkCupid and Tinder.
For over 20 years, IAC has been a trailblazer at the crossroads of e-commerce, media and the Internet, with brands and products that delight and engage millions of people all over the world. www.iac.com