Security Specialist/SOC Operator
Security | New York, NY | Full Time | From $35.00 to $40.00 per hour
Title: Security Specialist/SOC Operator (Armed)
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to: Manager, Security & Crisis Management
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 3-11pm
This is a full-time staff position and includes IAC’s medical, dental, vision insurance and 401(k) benefits.
The Security Specialist/SOC Operator position is of key importance to the success of IAC as this is the first impression guests, clients, and potential clients have of the company. It is therefore imperative that a professional and courteous manner is always extended to all those who visit or call our facilities.
In keeping with the professional atmosphere of the office, the Security Specialist/SOC Operator is responsible for the physical security and protection of people on the grounds of the IAC building. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide security services ensuring the safety of employees and the security of workspaces and critical infrastructure.
- Ability to handle public interaction with disorderly or disruptive people.
- Respond to incidents and emergency situations requiring security assistance, ensuring appropriate action is taken by staff, appropriate parties were notified, and After-Action Reports are completed.
- Responsible for all SOC room operations. Including but not limited to; monitoring email requests, CCTV feeds, access control, threat monitoring real-time alerts, and alarms.
- Support first responders both in the Command Center and responding to events.
- Operate Fire Safety Command Station to make announcements and acknowledge alarms.
- Be able to operate an active and demanding switchboard when needed.
- Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports.
- Greet and tend to all guests, messengers, and delivery services in a highly professional manner.
- Assist security staff on nights, weekends and 3rd party special events if needed.
- Strong organizational skills, with an attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Perform all other specific responsibilities and duties as required by Security Management.
- Comply with and enforce all IAC security policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Minimum 5+ years of Law Enforcement experience required.
- Executive Protection, Military, or Corporate Security experience a plus.
- Candidate must own their own firearm (approved by Security management).
- Must have and maintain a valid NYPD carry guard or approved concealed weapon permit for NYC.
- Must possess a valid NYS Armed Guard Security License.
- Must possess a valid 8-hour annual Firearms Training Course certificate.
- Prior Fire Life Safety Director (F89) experience is a plus.
- Must be willing to acquire FDNY Certificate of Fitness (F01, F03, F89) and First Aid/CPR certifications.
- Must be available to work a regular schedule, which may include daytime and/or nighttime shifts, plus overtime on an as-needed basis.
- A pleasant and positive attitude with a professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be adept at interacting with all levels of an organization, from administrative to senior executive staff.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, Word, and Email.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- As a condition of continued employment, the employee must maintain the current active status of all required license and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
- Candidate must pass the pre-screening process including a background investigation.
Any necessary training, licenses, and certifications will be 100% compensated.
Essential Physical & Mental Functions:
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, and using phones.
- Stand or walk constantly during 3rd party events when needed.
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties.
- Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using the phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks.
- Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, and view security monitors; including hand/eye coordination.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain, or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail are required while setting priorities and following up on assignments.
- Must be willing to follow the chain of command and established security procedures.
- Must be able to handle the pressure of working with a high-volume general public (ranging from constant to occasional, depending on assignment).
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Generous paid time off programs for flexible vacations
- 16 hours of volunteer time off yearly for community service
- Industry-leading 401k plan with a 10% dollar-for-dollar company match
- Employer-sponsored medical, dental, and vision insurance
- $5,000 yearly tuition reimbursement for continuing education
- Pre-tax commuter benefits through WageWorks
- A vibrant office building in Chelsea with a well-stocked snack bar
IAC builds companies. We are guided by curiosity, a questioning of the status quo, and a desire to invent or acquire new products and brands. From the single seed that started as IAC over two decades ago have emerged 11 public companies and generations of exceptional leaders. We will always evolve, but our basic principle of financially-disciplined opportunism will never change. IAC today operates Dotdash Meredith and Care.com, among many others, and also has majority ownership of Angi Inc, which includes HomeAdvisor Powered by Angi and Handy. The company is headquartered in New York City and has business operations and satellite offices worldwide.